IGNORED

Lee Johnson

gaz897

Carey bust his balls to try and rescue Johnsons totally miscued clearance from going for a corner, but he failed narrowly. So obviously the corner was not LJs fault?!

The corner was LJs fault, but how that makes him also responsible for the goal, when we had two or three chances of clearing it, and also failed to have anyone on the post, is beyond me.

Oh, hang on..... I see, it was LJs fault because he should have been on the goal line at the near post!

agree that he was bad - so was mcallister and sproule - what is it with players from scotland??

but it was carey who did the clearance not johnson (if u r referring to when he launched it over the little block to the side of the atyeo)

No i was refering to the clearance that led to that stupid clearance by Carey.

Idiot....

Yes he made mistakes, everyone does, he was better than trundle, sproule, mccallister today. They don't appear to be getting stick and rightly so, we are 4th in the championship and unbeaten !

To say he cant play at this level is utter bull s*it !! - yes he can be a bit cocky with his flicks but thats the way he plays

Do you watch city much or did you just turn up today cause we are in the spot light a bit

I somethimes think the only way some people will be happy is if we go down a few leagues and win 5-0 every week

Well said, totally agree.

After watching our last 2 games I've been so impressed with Gary Johnsons management and style of play for the team.. However, what the hell is his son doing in the team. Terrible. He can't pass, can't tackle and is always chasing shaddows. The guy just can't keep up with the pace of the game and frankly Elliot makes him look even worse!

Johnson was at fault for both goals yesterday. His clearance under no pressure yesterday that resulted in their corner in stoppage time was crap.

This guy cannot play at this level.

I thought when we brought on Vasko & we went at Burnley, I thought LJ was at his best.

Apart from that I don't think he had his best game.

He seemed to under hit a few pass's that put pressure on the team. But to say he can't play at this level is crazy.

After watching our last 2 games I've been so impressed with Gary Johnsons management and style of play for the team.. However, what the hell is his son doing in the team. Terrible. He can't pass, can't tackle and is always chasing shaddows. The guy just can't keep up with the pace of the game and frankly Elliot makes him look even worse!

Johnson was at fault for both goals yesterday. His clearance under no pressure yesterday that resulted in their corner in stoppage time was crap.

Boring!! Bet if you spent as much time focusing on another player waiting for them to do something wrong they would! I don't understand how you can hate a city player so much! Its quite shocking! I watched elliot misplace a few passes yesterday but no one remembers that! :disapointed2se:

To be honest I'm a bit more concerned with are deffending at corners and the fact that are deffenders couldnt handle 2 burnley players attacking at them. I'm not that bothered with how the situations came about. are defence should of handled it!

Your talking absolute crap mate.......according the Sunday papers Johnson got 8/10 for his performance!!! Your watching this guy through "managers son" tinted glasses my friend.

People like you should be banned from posting on this site

Boring!! Bet if you spent as much time focusing on another player waiting for them to do something wrong they would! I don't understand how you can hate a city player so much! Its quite shocking! I watched elliot misplace a few passes yesterday but no one remembers that! :disapointed2se:

To be honest I'm a bit more concerned with are deffending at corners and the fact that are deffenders couldnt handle 2 burnley players attacking at them. I'm not that bothered with how the situations came about. are defence should of handled it!

Correct!

The defence had three opportunities to clear the ball away in the last seconds of the game and were found wanting. Its no good having a great game for 89 minutes if your concentration is going to go when it matters.

The corner was LJs fault, but how that makes him also responsible for the goal, when we had two or three chances of clearing it, and also failed to have anyone on the post, is beyond me.

Oh, hang on..... I see, it was LJs fault because he should have been on the goal line at the near post!

Giving the corner away was LJs fault not Carey's despite the fact that as you pointed out, it came off Carey last. The defending from the corner could not be attributed to LJ but unneccessary corners are the last thing our defence need when holding on to a slender lead in the last minute of injury time. Burnley had nothing to lose by sticking everybody up for that corner. I'm surprised that the keeper didnt come up for it.

We have always been a bit susceptible to conceding from set pieces over the years. Maybe with Wilson being substituted, nobody was covering his position on the goal line?!

I' m glad others are noticing his ability! I hope i'm wrong but I think the Championship is to high a standard for him. The step up to the Championship from Div one is very high!

The last 3 goals have been his fault! he's lost the ball twice in midfield and gave away the corner the last one.

Maybe he just needs a rest, I don't know, I was always a very big fan of his. At the moment all I see him doing is arguing with referees(Getting thier backs up) and looking one of the weaker players on the field! and making mistakes all the time.

I think it is a shame we have let Russell out on lone. His inteligent football I think we need at present.IMO.

Come on Noble hurry up and get back, we need new life back in the midfield.

I' m glad others are noticing his ability! I hope i'm wrong but I think the Championship is to high a standard for him. The step up to the Championship from Div one is very high!

The last 3 goals have been his fault! he's lost the ball twice in midfield and gave away the corner the last one.

Maybe he just needs a rest, I don't know, I was always a very big fan of his. At the moment all I see him doing is arguing with referees(Getting thier backs up) and looking one of the weaker players on the field! and making mistakes all the time.

I think it is a shame we have let Russell out on lone. His inteligent football I think we need at present.IMO.

Come on Noble hurry up and get back, we need new life back in the midfield.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Have you not been reading the posts on here. How the hell can Lee be at fault for Burnley's second goal!!

Are you telling me that if Trundle or Byfield lose the ball in the oppositions area, and they go up the other end and score, the goal is their fault??

Utter utter crap mate

Now come, lets be fair, if we take a good look at the Burnley game you can say that everyone was to blame at sometime during the game even the crowd.

Take the Burnley Players, big strong lads that we did not get to grips with, allowed them to Boss and Bully the game instead of playing our own Game we got

caught up in theirs, When we got the Ball on the Green stuff and played our game we scored, twice. If we had played our Game from ko who knows what the

score might have been. What about us, the crowd, compared to the W.B.A game you could hear a pin drop, perhaps if we had been more vocal, it could have

given the Players a bigger boost. My conclusion, everyone, MUST TRY HARDER

COME ON THE REDS.

Really good topic this. I have countless arguements with my Dad who hates Lee Johnson with a passion. Yes he has been at fault for a couple of goals this season, and yes he does have the tendancy to "bottle" challenges and do those stupid little flicks. However, in my opinion, he is the best passer of the ball at this club. You have to remember that Elliot and Johnson are 2 totally different players and are still adapting to each others games. I think given a bit more time they will both form a good, strong, central midfield that will have not only a bit of bite, but skill as well. Remember we are only a few games into this season and some players are still finding their feet (trundle being another one). We are unbeaten, scoring goals, and providing good value for money, enjoy it whilst it lasts chaps!

Why endlessly do people have to find a player to criticise or single out. If the team were under performing, losing, putting in poor performances I could maybe see why fans may have a little moan. Think where we were a few years ago to where we are today and the quality of the football we now are watching. Were not Chelsea, Man U, were a team that have gained promotion to the Championship and are improving. Johnson Jnr made a few mistakes and was punished and straight away fans get on his back. If they failed to score from that corner this post wouldn't be on here. Start getting behind whoever Gary puts on the pitch, after all, he's got us where we are today.

Such a simpleton comment to make.

Can you not think outside the box a little?

I think I could outhink you anyday. You think therefore you are spam! I see a lively little midfielder in the team on merit at the moment. There are other players that could - and no doubt will- come into the side in midfield. I also see lots of comments on here criticising Lee Johnson's selection and mentioning that he is the manager's son and implying - or stating directly - that the only reason he is in the side is because of that relationship. You quote one little bit of my statement and call me a simpleton. Maybe the post was too simple for you to understand.

As a Coventry City fan in exile and a follower of Bristol City due to family connections with the club, this topic leaves me wondering whether Lee Johnson's relationship with the club's manager is the only reason for this debate?

As far as I'm concerned, Lee is more than good enough for this level - and probrably the level beyond. All players make mistakes that cost goals but in most analysis, you'll find that failing to apply pressure further up the pitch is more often why a goal is conceded.

I'd welcome Lee at the Ricoh Arena - but more as a holding midfielder who can pass the ball.

More creativity is needed at Championship level because of the many ex-premier league players in this division. Noble seems (to me) to be unable to pass the ball forward and quite frankly shouldn't be offered as an alternative. You need a player with vision and Lee Johnson provides that. Frankie Artus could do this job in a year or two.

Best thing for Lee - send him to Coventry! He's more than welcome to be a Sky Blue.

Here's to a good season. Perhaps automatic promotion for both teams. Coventry as champions of course. ;)

Now come, lets be fair, if we take a good look at the Burnley game you can say that everyone was to blame at sometime during the game even the crowd.

Take the Burnley Players, big strong lads that we did not get to grips with, allowed them to Boss and Bully the game instead of playing our own Game we got

caught up in theirs, When we got the Ball on the Green stuff and played our game we scored, twice. If we had played our Game from ko who knows what the

score might have been. What about us, the crowd, compared to the W.B.A game you could hear a pin drop, perhaps if we had been more vocal, it could have

given the Players a bigger boost. My conclusion, everyone, MUST TRY HARDER

COME ON THE REDS.

Crowds always been a problem in all the years I have supported city

As a Coventry City fan in exile and a follower of Bristol City due to family connections with the club, this topic leaves me wondering whether Lee Johnson's relationship with the club's manager is the only reason for this debate?

As far as I'm concerned, Lee is more than good enough for this level - and probrably the level beyond. All players make mistakes that cost goals but in most analysis, you'll find that failing to apply pressure further up the pitch is more often why a goal is conceded.

I'd welcome Lee at the Ricoh Arena - but more as a holding midfielder who can pass the ball.

More creativity is needed at Championship level because of the many ex-premier league players in this division. Noble seems (to me) to be unable to pass the ball forward and quite frankly shouldn't be offered as an alternative. You need a player with vision and Lee Johnson provides that. Frankie Artus could do this job in a year or two.

Best thing for Lee - send him to Coventry! He's more than welcome to be a Sky Blue.

Here's to a good season. Perhaps automatic promotion for both teams. Coventry as champions of course. ;)

What do you base this one. He has been poor this season and his form ranged between decent and shocking last season.

The way he is getting slated by his own fans here, that just might happen :disapointed2se:

Archived