IGNORED

My Take On The Game

Godzilla

I'm going to agree/disagree with pretty much bits and pieces that everyone has had to say.

We controlled possession/attacking play in the first half without really creating a single chance. I thought we actually looked ok first half. We did need to do just a bit more to carve something out but we looked comfortable. Elliot should've done better with a header he had, but that aside we were poor and whilst Burnley looked solid and decent on the ball, they didn't look like they were going to score.

2nd half we simply didn't turn up. We had an absolute nightmare 10-15 minutes where we offered absolutely nothing. The fans were doing nothing to get behind the team, and the team were doing nothing to get the fans going. The goal was obviously coming, and between them scoring and Vasko coming on Burnley controlled it and we didn't look like we'd score if we'd spent 10 hours out there.

Byfield couldn't get in the game and hardly touched the ball. He did nothing for 20/30 minutes after coming on. Trundle was bullied out of it and for me had his worst game in a City shirt. He did absolutely nothing. Sproule was another player bullied out of it. Burnley looked excellent at the back and knew exactly how to play our forward players. By the way, that's not me getting on Trundle's back because he's a good player and he'll do OK at this level, but yesterday he looked slow and second to everything. Any player in a City shirt must do more.

Then Johnson changed the game by bringing Vasko on. In effect, he was recognizing that trying to 'work' chances and play through Burnley was getting us nowhere. Vasko gave us a target and immediately we went more direct and it was just a case of getting the ball in the box and seeing if it would drop for us. Before his introduction, we were playing too much football on a day when we weren't quite on our game. As soon as we went longer things started to work for us and they couldn't handle Vasko. The first goal came from a long throw-in when 3 players surrounded Vasko but couldn't deal with it, and the second goal came from a Vasko knock-down. Byfield did score 2 terrific goals and real goalscorers goals. In this respect he gave us something we didn't have before, but I wouldn't say he changed the game. That was Vasko's role, merely in bringing a presence, because they didn't know how to deal with him. Johnson deserves credit because he changed our game plan when things weren't working and really his substitutions should've won us the game.

I was dissapointed with the way we went 1 up top having got what should have been our winner. Putting Vasko centre half and Carey right back only caused us to lose our shape and organisation, whilst also inviting pressure.

I was left really frustrated because although we didn't deserve to win the game, we really should be able to see out a game having scored with 4 minutes left. Although we've started well, we still can't afford to throw away wins like that.

Nonetheless, still unbeaten is certainly a positive and on we go.

Fair assesement of the game. Burnley made us look very ordinary. don't think we deserved 3 points IMHO

Agree that we didn't really deserve the 3 points but we should have got the 3 points. Our ability to not be able to close games could really cost us at the end of the season.

So far, no matter how well we have exceeded expectations and are unbeaten, I still think that we have dropped 4 points thus far (2vQPR and 2vBurnley).

I was very frustrated leaving the Dolman on Sat! AAARRRGGGHHH!

So far, no matter how well we have exceeded expectations and are unbeaten, I still think that we have dropped 4 points thus far (2vQPR and 2vBurnley).

You gotta take the rough with the smooth mate, we didnt deserve a point against WBA, and we did'nt deserve 3 points against wednesday, so its all swings and roundabouts....

You gotta take the rough with the smooth mate, we didnt deserve a point against WBA, and we did'nt deserve 3 points against wednesday, so its all swings and roundabouts....

I thought that all results have been fair so far. My point is that City's ability to not hold onto a lead for 5+ mins at home may cost us at the end of the season...especially if we have an outside chance of a play off position.

Undoubtdly we will have a bad patch/losing streak sometime during the season and those 4 points could prove important to our final position.

Archived