IGNORED

Please Will Someone Explain

Glastonbury Red

By the way, I'm back.

As i've not been around for a while, something seems to have passed me by. It my just be me being ignorant or daft but i'm unable to grasp the meaning of the Yellow Submarine Crew. :laugh:

I love the gif that's knocking around, and the idea of wearing yellow washing gloves is about as ecentric as it's going to get. But what does it all mean? :dunno:

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

I'm not a member but from what i've heard its a group of guys who go to as many games as they can. They just wanna have fun and have a laugh (e.g. yellow gloves). They always(?) go in the East End and sing throughout the game.

Guest getoutmyseat

They are a group of fans who abuse other City fans throughout the game if they are not singing but then continue to sing the same song over and over again and wonder why no one else is joining in. They seem to think they are above everyone else as they are 'original' eastenders, who sing songs that few know the words to and then are the first to complain when there is a lack of atmosphere at the gate.

well,well could this be some sort of record(getoutofmyseat),one post on the forum and the biggest load of drivel its been my experience to read. we do not abuse city fans but try to get them to join with us to create a better atmosphere. we try to get new songs started and will continue to do so until eventually they catch on, which sometimes is quite difficult but we will persevere. some of the guys from the yellow sub have been to away games and tried there hardest to get behind the team almost single handed, how you can sit there and critisise them beggars belief, but hey one out of one ain"t bad.

yours hardly surprised midland red.

p.s. get your marigold for swindle.

p.p.s. if you are going.

:laugh: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :dunno: :Wave:

They are a group of fans who abuse other City fans throughout the game if they are not singing but then continue to sing the same song over and over again and wonder why no one else is joining in. They seem to think they are above everyone else as they are 'original' eastenders, who sing songs that few know the words to and then are the first to complain when there is a lack of atmosphere at the gate.
you plank :laugh:

i had my first trip with the guys saturday and met them for the first

time at ashton gate when we played oldham in the wedlocks, now

i was in the east end and did not see or hear them abuse fellow

city fans they welcome you more than abuse you as i found out

with a offer to joing them for the port vale game, which was a

very good day out, i'm just sorry they offend you by their way

of getting a atmosphere going at ashton gate which was before

the east end most of this forum was moaning about LACK

OF ATMOSPHERE :dunno:

well,well could this be some sort of record(getoutofmyseat),one post on the forum and the biggest load of drivel its been my experience to read.
new user ahy! my guess it is and old school forum member

using a new log in to have a swipe at the sub boys :dunno:

come on don't hide :laugh:

the yellow subbers have been a brilliant addition to the EE and away crowds this season - what's wrong with a group of fans going along to a match to enjoy themselves - personally I thought that was the whole point :laugh:

Keep it going guys - and the atmosphere will be electric on Sat :dunno:

Thanks fellas for the positive views expressed. :laugh:

You know you can't please all of the people all of the time. At least we seem to please most of the people most of the time. :o:o:D:dunno: :@

As for singing the same song over and over, what crap. East Ender of this forum has produced a song sheet which now can boast over 90 song. Sure some are more rousing/popular than the others and will get sung more. Never hear "Come on you Rrrrrreeeeedddddddsss" sung more than once in a game do you. :laugh:

At least we attempt to add to an atmosphere and have a bit of fun. :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Kindest regards. :dunno:

They seem to think they are above everyone else as they are 'original' eastenders, who sing songs that few know the words to and then are the first to complain when there is a lack of atmosphere at the gate.
So what's wrong with being a bit older and still singing. I first transferred to the East End in 1964 and have always loved the place and it's atmosphere.

some of the older songs were just plain funny and if you haven't noticed we always join in with the mainstream chanting as WE ARE SUPPORTING OUR TEAM.

We do not consider ourselves elitist and welcome anybody with a passion for our club.

This all started as a laugh and gave us a reminder of the days when the Gate didn't resemble a library as it has in recent seasons.Some of us bring our kids who also join in so it ain't just a collection of fiesty old farts(Other than me !)

Pin back your lug 'oles and listen you may even get the humour.

Thanks to all who have responded positively and let's raise the roof on Saturday.

:laugh::dunno:

And the Yellow Submarine, refers to the yellow school bus we used for away games, back in the early days of the "club".
Long live the old school bus and all who sailed in her.

:laugh:

Don't have the same warm feeling for the blue (dodgy colour) double decker aircraft carrier that eventually got us to Sheffield.

Ahhh Memories.

BUDBCFC; As for wearing a pair of marigolds,thats being greedy.Pass one to a friend , then its two waves for the price of one :Wave: :Wave:

To the CREW;

I hope to have a SUBBERS Tshirt printed for sat , if not it will be unveiled at swindle .

:Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Thanks fellas for the positive views expressed. :baa:

You know you can't please all of the people all of the time. At least we seem to please most of the people most of the time. :whistle::whistle::whistle::wacko: :@

As for singing the same song over and over, what crap. East Ender of this forum has produced a song sheet which now can boast over 90 song. Sure some are more rousing/popular than the others and will get sung more. Never hear "Come on you Rrrrrreeeeedddddddsss" sung more than once in a game do you. :ph34r:

At least we attempt to add to an atmosphere and have a bit of fun. :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Kindest regards. :ph34r:

Fair play to ya, we need more atmosphere!!

:whistle::blink:Long Live the Yellow Subbers!! :blink::blink:

Archived