IGNORED

Byfield And I Can Gel!

Haster

Just been reading western daily press and Lee Trundle says him and Darren Byfield are capable of forging an a effective partnership. I would really like to see them two start v PNE on saturday Trundle is good on the ground and Byfield is strong in the air and is quite quick aswell. i no there is people on here who will not AGREE!! but i think it would be a great partnership!!!!

Just been reading western daily press and Lee Trundle says him and Darren Byfield are capable of forging an a effective partnership. I would really like to see them two start v PNE on saturday Trundle is good on the ground and Byfield is strong in the air and is quite quick aswell. i no there is people on here who will not AGREE!! but i think it would be a great partnership!!!!

Even though we are scoring a fair number of goals, I think that the front line is the area that isn't quite right yet, so maybe time for a change.

I would go with Trundle and Byfield up front with Sproule moved out to the right wing. A bit tough on Wilson who has so far done better than I expected him to!

Could cause problems in the midfield though as I'm not sure that Ivan will track back as effectively as Wilson does.

Tough choices for GJ!

Even though we are scoring a fair number of goals, I think that the front line is the area that isn't quite right yet, so maybe time for a change.

I would go with Trundle and Byfield up front with Sproule moved out to the right wing. A bit tough on Wilson who has so far done better than I expected him to!

Could cause problems in the midfield though as I'm not sure that Ivan will track back as effectively as Wilson does.

Tough choices for GJ!

It is tough, but the pressure then will be on for Sproule to produce a bit more, which might be a good thing. He's said in interviews he is more of a natural winger, but as you have pointed out Wilson is making that role his and unless Ivan produces serious form he'll be liable to lose his place. Wilsoncan also play right back, so as soon as he's on the bench Orr will have to make sure his perfomances keep being decent, otherwise Wilson will be straight back. It's great for the squad to have such string options though, and it's the sort of headache GJ will relish having!

3 goals in 3 appearances as sub Byfield must start with Sproule or Wilson on the bench. Away from home i would be tempted to go for Wilson as he is better defensively and use Sproule as an impact player with 15 minutes to go if we need a goal.

On the other hand we could start with Vasco up front!!!!!!

Vasko up front....now theres a thought! Might happen again on Sat in the last 15 mins :laugh:

Byfield must start along side Trundle, I would play sproule on the wing, horses for courses and we need to play at pace on the break.

Preston will come at us like Sheff Wed did, they are under pressure to get a good result after their poor start to the season.

Like i said i would start with Trundle & Byfield i know Trundle is going through a bad patch but he can score a goal out of nothing as we seen v s****horpe he will come good people say about his last chance V PNE. If we were sitting bottom of the league then yes lets do something different but we are not we are sitting 4th and still UNBEATEN!!!!!!

so roll on saturday COME ON U REDS!!!!

Whats a bad patch? For Bristol City fans it seems it is two games...

Form is temporary, class is permanant. Stick with Trundle up front, with Byfield alongside, that will see the REAL Trundle come through. Your not going to get that by playing a predominant winger up top with him.

Totally agree mate stick with Trundle and Byfield up Front put wilson sub sorry wilson and put Sproule on the right.

This has to be the front pairing without doubt,been saying this for a while.

Trunds wants to play with Byfield and has said so.

GJ will start them Saturday I'm sure.

This is the pairing to keep city in the upper reaches of the championship by a mile.

Trundle is finding it harder than may be he thought,how ever he is a very very good footballer and will do us proud.

We certainly as fans do not want to be jumping down his throut,We are 4th and unbeaten we must be doing something right.

3 goals in 3 appearances as sub Byfield must start with Sproule or Wilson on the bench. Away from home i would be tempted to go for Wilson as he is better defensively and use Sproule as an impact player with 15 minutes to go if we need a goal.

Agree 100% mate. Isn't it great to have so many options.

Like i said i would start with Trundle & Byfield i know Trundle is going through a bad patch but he can score a goal out of nothing as we seen v s****horpe he will come good people say about his last chance V PNE. If we were sitting bottom of the league then yes lets do something different but we are not we are sitting 4th and still UNBEATEN!!!!!!

so roll on saturday COME ON U REDS!!!!

Definately give it go from the start against PNE but I still don't think Trundle will get much change out of their defenders, I don't think his strike partner is the problem IMO.

I think Trundles had it his own way too long at Swansea and thought he could step up to the Championship and play in the same show pony fashion and waltzs through games but that just isn't going to be possible, this is due to better organised teams with better defenders who basically have him sussed, I really think Trundle has to start thowing his weight around a little more to beat/turn his man and create his own space, thats the only way I can see him scoring goals as he not going to run away from anyone is he!

No one's mentioned Murray on the right, he's look very bright whenever he's been on the pitch so I'd be tempted to go with him on the right, with LT & DB up top with McIndoe on the left. Save Sproule as a late sub if required.

no it wasnt a joke! well, it sort of was.

i would put trundle on the bench cus he has been shockinh the last few games and no one deserves to be guaranteed a place in the team because of how much they cost.

but i doubt very much jevons will start

But Trundle is a bit like a lower league Henry, can conjur up something out of nothing ;)

Lis McClarnon and Jamelia or Lee and Darren.......your choice...... :innocent06:

I'd go with LT & DB up front at PNE.

If LT doesn't contribute and soon, I think DB & ES might work.

The key issue is that if we play with LT we play in to feet in and around the box or he comes deeper and we play Byfield in behind and into the channel.TBH Byfield looks far better than Trundle in the air anyway.

If we're going to whoosh the bl00dy thing then put Vasko or McCombe in instead of LT :disapointed2se:

In an away game in particular Brian Wilosn should keep his place on the right flank.

We have Preston, and then 3 big games coming up against Barnsley (A), Sheffield Uth (H) and thrn Norwich (A). If he has a bad game against Preston, then I think someone else should be given a chance.

Seems like every game is a big game because we are in a big league now. After Norwich its Southampton, Wolves, Charlton and Ipswich with Stoke being the only "small" game.

............. basso

.. orr.... carey.....fonts........m'allister

,wilson....elliot......LJ..........macca...

.......trundle...........byfield.........

subs

vasko

sproule

skuse

weale

murray

Hattrick for Jevchenko midweek and he doesn't even make the bench!? What does this bloke have to do to be given a chance?

Archived