IGNORED

Trundle V Fowler

CiderMeUp

IMO, Trundle is a player that will guarantee us 15-20 goals this season.

You really think Trundle will score that many?

Well, he's not playing great at the moment and has been up front on his own pretty much and he's already on course for 13 at his current strike rate.

15+ shouldn't be a problem.

Well, he's not playing great at the moment and has been up front on his own pretty much and he's already on course for 13 at his current strike rate.

15+ shouldn't be a problem.

1 Jamie Cureton Colchester 23

2 Michael Chopra Cardiff 22

3 Diomansy Kamara West Brom 21

4 Kevin Phillips West Brom 19

Grzegorz Rasiak Southampton 19

Robert Earnshaw Norwich 19

7 Steve Howard Derby 18

Chris Iwelumo Colchester 18

9 Alan Lee Ipswich 16

10 David Nugent Preston 15

So by looking at last season, you think Lee will be in there?

7 Steve Howard Derby 18

9 Alan Lee Ipswich 16

if hes already on course for 13, then, with him being able to get goals, he could very well be in there.

then there's byfield, 3 in 3. is he on for 41??? :whistle2:

7 Steve Howard Derby 18

9 Alan Lee Ipswich 16

Yep, I do.

I think you aren't taking into account that he's being double marked every game. That will change when Byfield needs picking up too.

As it is, defenders can ignore Sproule for marking by playing the offside trap or just stand back and watch him hanging around in wide positions. Byfield is actually a goal threat who needs picking up down the middle.

if hes already on course for 13, then, with him being able to get goals, he could very well be in there.

then there's byfield, 3 in 3. is he on for 41??? :whistle2:

Byfield is more direct and I think will out score Trundle. Trundle will grab the a couple of raspers along the way but I think 15+ is out of his reach.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trundle but I would swop him for any player who featured in the top ten goalscorers last season :comando:

I can't believe some of the turncoats on this forum.

I said when we signed Trundle that it was a massive gamble, overpriced considering his age etc but I've still backed him this season because him and Byfield are the only strikers at the club who can do a job at this level IMHO.

We've seen Enoch start the season and flatter to deceive and Jevo seems like he could be on his way out to Crewe so all this talk about how much time has Trunds got is nonsense because he will be first choice, at least until the transfer window re-opens in January.

My main gripe is the tactics we play to him. Everyone knows he isn't a targetman yet we seem quite happy to go long to him. If we change the way we use him then I expect us to see the best out of him.

I can't believe some of the turncoats on this forum.

I said when we signed Trundle that it was a massive gamble, overpriced considering his age etc but I've still backed him this season because him and Byfield are the only strikers at the club who can do a job at this level IMHO.

We've seen Enoch start the season and flatter to deceive and Jevo seems like he could be on his way out to Crewe so all this talk about how much time has Trunds got is nonsense because he will be first choice, at least until the transfer window re-opens in January.

My main gripe is the tactics we play to him. Everyone knows he isn't a targetman yet we seem quite happy to go long to him. If we change the way we use him then I expect us to see the best out of him.

Then we have to blame GJ then, he is the tactician, the manager......Lee's performances must be down to him. :whistle2:

Guest Garfunkle
Byfield is more direct and I think will out score Trundle. Trundle will grab the a couple of raspers along the way but I think 15+ is out of his reach.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trundle but I would swop him for any player who featured in the top ten goalscorers last season :comando:

alan lee instead of trundle?

As long as the rest of the team keep scoring at their current rate then I don't see it matters if Trundle doesn't score again this season. We're creating chances and winning games. Trundle is a part of that.

With players like Trundle whether they're scoring or not theres always the chance that they'll produce something magical and when you have that kind of player playing for your team you know you'll always have a shot at taking something from the game.

As long as the rest of the team keep scoring at their current rate then I don't see it matters if Trundle doesn't score again this season. We're creating chances and winning games. Trundle is a part of that.

With players like Trundle whether they're scoring or not theres always the chance that they'll produce something magical and when you have that kind of player playing for your team you know you'll always have a shot at taking something from the game.

But if Trundle scores and the rest of the team keeps scoring theres more chance of a win then..

Archived