IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Midge

Just thought i'd post something a bit different

Whilst waiting for the match on saturday the thought crossed my mind,what Gary is doing from 1-3pm on saturday,I know the easiest thing to say is that he's preparing for the match but I often wonder what he actually does in terms of getting ready.

Say for example i notice Millen giving the players instructions when he's warming up,so what is Gary doing whils in the dressing rooms,maybe preparing a speech who knows.

Basically it's just a discussion sort of thread and of course anyone who comes on that has been a football manager will be able to shed some light

Just thought i'd post something a bit different

Whilst waiting for the match on saturday the thought crossed my mind,what Gary is doing from 1-3pm on saturday,I know the easiest thing to say is that he's preparing for the match but I often wonder what he actually does in terms of getting ready.

Say for example i notice Millen giving the players instructions when he's warming up,so what is Gary doing whils in the dressing rooms,maybe preparing a speech who knows.

Basically it's just a discussion sort of thread and of course anyone who comes on that has been a football manager will be able to shed some light

Knowing what sort of manager GJ is, he's probably preparing visual tactics for the players etc. Probably having a chat with SL because he likes to pop into the dressing room before games. Probably having a talk with the Physio about the the injured players. Checking on the players if there is any in the gym possibly. Having a chat with the opposition manager i would guess.

My thoughts anyway.

Thanks they are good thoughts,also it's be interseting to know what they put on the sheets of paper that they show the subs before they come on.

Also what do you think Kieth Millen's role is because although he does most of the training surely Gary has a way in which he wants the team to train/play

Thanks they are good thoughts,also it's be interseting to know what they put on the sheets of paper that they show the subs before they come on.

They show them naked pictures of their missus and tell them they'll be putting them on the dressing room wall if they don't play well!! Which is why they keep pumping high balls up to Trundle!! :noexpression:

They show them naked pictures of their missus and tell them they'll be putting them on the dressing room wall if they don't play well!! Which is why they keep pumping high balls up to Trundle!! :noexpression:

explain why Byfield is doing so well then! You wouldve thought the players would make him play bad if this was the case :laugh:

There was a really good video on world end of last season (called 'promotion presperation secrets' or something) where he talked about how they prepared the players. Seemed really thorough, so I imagine he set those players in the team their targets, considers ther possible outcomes and is mindful to relax a bit, to make sure he doesn't make rash decisions during the 90 minutes.

There was a really good video on world end of last season (called 'promotion presperation secrets' or something) where he talked about how they prepared the players. Seemed really thorough, so I imagine he set those players in the team their targets, considers ther possible outcomes and is mindful to relax a bit, to make sure he doesn't make rash decisions during the 90 minutes.

Can we get a copy of this video???

Ok then,lets take the thread in to another area,

If you were the manager what would you be doing at that time

Well, I can tell you having managed a local sunday league side, I expect I would be making sure we had enough kit, the balls were blown up, the ref had turned up, and phoning players who hadn't turned up and those that might fancy a game cos some were suffering from hangovers!! Bit like Danny Wilson had to do I expect!! ;-)

Archived