IGNORED

East End Stand

WarksRed

Assuming the new stand construction is going ahead, are there any plans about that can be looked at ?? ...

it will be interesting to see where away fans will be seated during this construction period as well ......

:englandsmile4wf:

There were some plans on the forum a couple of years ago. Not sure if they are still available.

I am guessing that the away fans will go in the Ateyo?

i would have thought away fans will go in the e block of the williams, as it was originally planned first time round.

not sure how this will go down with current season ticket holders in this area though?

Plus turnstiles next to each other, same facilities, same exits, minimal segregation, premier club!

Then look at how the East End is going.

ST holders will be told at the last minute no doubt to sling there hooks; will p.o.d. fans be allowed in whatever stand the away fans go in? oh silly me of course they will it wont be the E.E.

Which ever stand the away fans get no doubt will be the new prefered area for many :innocent06:

With the reduced capacity there wont be much room left for many p.o.d in any stand :surrender:

ST holders will be told at the last minute no doubt to sling there hooks; will p.o.d. fans be allowed in whatever stand the away fans go in? oh silly me of course they will it wont be the E.E.

Which ever stand the away fans get no doubt will be the new prefered area for many :innocent06:

With the reduced capacity there wont be much room left for many p.o.d in any stand :surrender:

if fans can't behave themselves in a stand next to away fans, then the club are fully entiled to make it Season Tickets only, the minority ruin it for the many.

if fans can't behave themselves in a stand next to away fans, then the club are fully entiled to make it Season Tickets only, the minority ruin it for the many.

HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

How about the netting is put out right and hmm lets have police in there on a policed game

and oh how about more than 2 stewards between 1,000 city and say 1,500 qpr fans?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

don't think so ; in NO OTHER STAND has this happened and there has been arrests and assaults on fans and players in all of them, with no action at all being taken against the rest of that stand.

The E.E is special though it seems, and with no punches thrown against any away fan it seems to dangerous to open to all :disapointed2se:

don't think so ; in NO OTHER STAND has this happened and there has been arrests and assaults on fans and players in all of them, with no action at all being taken against the rest of that stand.

The E.E is special though it seems, and with no punches thrown against any away fan it seems to dangerous to open to all :disapointed2se:

Don't bite to it, we've been through this before.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=eastend

As for the design of the new stand hmmm not great.

Don't bite to it, we've been through this before.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=eastend

As for the design of the new stand hmmm not great.

I blooming fed up with this clubs and some fans belief that the E.E is inhabited by psychotic inbreds armed to the teeth and causing mass riots at every opportunity :disapointed2se: ~~~~ it I`m off to Preston in 1/2 hour :drunk2::city::disapointed2se:

hmmm 5 bays if you add the 2 end bays together ......... thats 1400 seats per bay ........

segregated as it is now by netting, that means 4 usable bays ....... 2800 for aways, 2800 home fans .....

i cant see em giving up 1400 seats (£35,000) per game for segregation, and corporate folks wont like away fans in front of them ,

i cant see away fans surrounding the players tunnel in the atyeo either .

so where will the away fans new permanent home be ???

any guesses ???

:englandsmile4wf:

Arent people allowed to argue and disagree with about the EE?

yes but when you your told people are doing x,y & z and when you show

(in pictures) they are not doing so but still it is still said that they are so

it gets annoying, where do we draw the line?.

bring me facts (pictures, video) that the EE is a riot with fighting each week and

i'll stand corrected as i have shown it is not.

I agree to disagree but vs qpr and wba the segregation, stewarding and policing

was not up to standard in which the supporters trust has raised with the club this

week.

The original plan was for a two tier EE that got dropped back to single tier and 5,200 Segregated which is about 700 more than a segregated EE at capacity, which is rare.

Do you think there'll still be debenture seats now we have the Prem Club in the Williams?

I suppose Boxes behind the goal will be OK if they've got TV's to show action however, I'd like to see how the EE & Williams will look when all the work is finished circa 2010 and capacity is at 29,000 segregated. :fingerscrossed:

yes, in other stand individual events, generally each time involving one person, not large groups of people goading and trying to get to away fans,

action has been taken in other stands before i.e dolman stand with the ones who feel like the feel the persistant need to stand.

I think that more or less is it but with sixteen boxes running across the back.

Frankly i think it is utterly awful. Nothing original about it. Looks like many similar box shaped stands elswhere.

For the money you would want to see something a bit special and be confident that it really will be the home end for decades with City fans urging their side on behing that goal. It looks like the stands at Oakwell and none of the stands there seem to generate noisy support.

yes, in other stand individual events, generally each time involving one person, not large groups of people goading and trying to get to away fans,

action has been taken in other stands before i.e dolman stand with the ones who feel like the feel the persistant need to stand.

Williams E should have been shut years ago on this basis and there are persistent problems in the Dolman.

I'd like to hear that it will cater for the next phase of development and be able to connect to the new Williams and ultimately the Dolman. This would give us a continuous U-shaped home stand which should create an atmosphere and noise. The away supporters should be in the unconnected Atyeo where they'll make little noise and no problems with segregation.

I reckon that the three home stands will house about 25,000 fans when buildings complete circa 2010 leaving the Atyeo with about 4,000 segregated which will be about 2/2,500 more than we need most weeks at present and enough for most teams in The Prem-So, can we expect to see Segregation in the Atyeo, as per the EE of today??

Another issue will be getting the away fans in and out.

I think you're right. From memory that is actually an image of Barnsley's stand reproduced to show what the new East End would look like - it isn't necessarily what the new stand will actually look like.

But if it is, it's run of the mill, ordinary and hardly imaginative - but 100% better than what we have at the moment.

I'd like to hear that it will cater for the next phase of development and be able to connect to the new Williams and ultimately the Dolman. This would give us a continuous U-shaped home stand which should create an atmosphere and noise. The away supporters should be in the unconnected Atyeo where they'll make little noise and no problems with segregation.

The u shape won't create noise as the stand will do the opposite with that design. Sexstone has stated it is designed to let the sound out and it will. It is going to be a steep stand to incorporate the facilities with a very high roof as Sexstonee has staed but this is due to the executive boxes [can't see otherwise] at the back and nothing to do with acoustics.

For the money it should be hundred times better and nothing i have read has convinced me of that.

If was a betting man i would say that picture is almost it.

The club built a tunnell for the away fans to come into the ground and protect them from missiles.The block was not shut just became unpopular.

It was definitely shut, there was black netting covering the whole block for quite a while. You may be referring to the lower Williams block F, which I don't recall being netted over?.

As far as I can remember the tunnel has only been there since the QPR game in April 2004.

Archived