IGNORED

3-3

RedUn

quite a match then!
The difference between listening to this match and last Saturday's is as wide as the Grand Canyon. Its end-to-end stuff now, both sides sound like they can score with every attack!

And its not over yet :@
Click on RedUn's 'march of mediocrity' URL - very well written.

Yes, I agree that if Danny Wilson's wonder/blunder boy Lee Peacock does not show goal scoring form over the next few games then it will be the beginning of the end for both of them at BCFC. Some people that post in support of Peacock i.e. writing that he receives little support are not watching the same games as me !!!!!!

I'm prefering to put my trust in Tony Rougier against QPR - if only Wilson will give him a chance by keeping him on the pitch. Murray and Rougier are the ones to pin our hopes on this Saturday.

Up the City

Well the odd thing would be if DW picks a side that doesn't include Rougier; if not why the hell get him?????

Does anyone know the reason why Danny Wilson took Tony Rougier off in the second half against Port Vale? Reminds me of when Sir Alf Ramsey took off Bobby Charlton in the 1970 world cup against Germany, when Charlton came off things went t+ts up!!!

Ohh god yes DON'T REMIND ME....... I recall watching it and had a sick feeling as Gerd Muller whacked in that third goal.......

Taking Bobby Charlton off, with hindsight, was a terrible mistake. Franz Beckenbauer stated in an interview about that game that the Germans were resigned to a 2-0 defeat but when Charlton was taken off it gave them impetus and real hope of winning. Just like when Tony Rougier was taken off against Port Vale it released the Port Vale players that had to shadow him.

Yes and I remember that the German manager (Helmut Schoen?) brought on a winger Grabowski and he slaughtered a tiring Terry Cooper. THAT is how to make a proper substitution.

Fresh legs on the wing in the heat and altitude of Mexico :laugh:

Relatively speaking the 1970 England world cup side was the best we ever had. I understand that Sir Alf took off Charlton in order to rest him for the semi finals :dunno:

Yes Red Goblin and I believe it was Bobby Charlton's last appearance for England.

It was a better squad than 1966 but I wouldn't say they would have won that competition; Brazil were on a different planet to everyone else. That was THE best team (with maybe the Dutch side of '74 coming damned close) of all time.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass
3-3 will do me fine.

Niether win, so gap on 3rd and 6th isn't quite as bad as it could have been.

Hands up who'd have taken a draw at 7.45pm?

Me for starters!

Me......

Archived