IGNORED

Preston Vs City

Rocky

But from what I've herd Trundle also had a good game today. I think someone at the top of this post said it so I don't know really. I just think Sproule would be much better for us playing as a winger and not a striker, partly because I think he wouldnt be offside so much.

I heard the opposite, Trundle was vey quiet, anyone agree?

I heard the opposite, Trundle was vey quiet, anyone agree?

Yes it sounded like, with GJ's comments about lack of quality today and subed him, made me think is he directing some of this to LT23, GJ has always gone on about the quality LT gives to the side and is required at this level.

Hard to call on which team deserved the result because neither team created much and either keeper could have had the easy chair out, whilst watching SSN as the scores came through!

There was some decent football played and plenty of endeavour from both sides although as a spectacle it was very poor and I wouldn't necessarily put that down to the Bristol City game plan. In the 1st half, PNE completely bossed the game with our usual flurry of corners (which always come to nothing) and some impressive approach play, however Basso never looked troubled and other than a shot-come-cross, that flew across the 6 yard box, he could have sat with the City fans, behind the goal.

Moving into the 2nd half and our manager has come up with 'anothe'r idea to try and help our faltering 2nd half performances and this time it involved the players coming out 5 minutes earlier, from their half-time break and they commenced to do what looked like a mini warm up, with them lining up and one-by-one, running and jumping and heading the ball back to the coach - did it work? Nope! We spent another 2nd half playing like the away side and City had complete control, as PNE sat deeper and deeper and luckily for us, the crossbar kept us in the game, from a delightful right-footed shot, that had Lonergan completely beaten.

Unfortunately for us, we are in a little bit of a rut and this is possibly the best time to be playing us because we haven't yet got any attacking flow to our game and many fans are frustrated from what they see and I thought City may have gone for us a little more, although during the 2nd half, they did have more of a punch and in particular when Byfield entered the fray.

In respect pf the water sprinkler, I have never seen that used before although my theory is that due to North End losing a little bit of the ticket money, following the 'rightful' refund to City fans, they have decided to try and grow some mushrooms.

No our other 3 strikers, Murray, Vasko, Byfield.. But these players are becoming a nice force from the bench, maybe Byfield is not ready for the full 90 yet?

Maybe, but let's face it LT23 needs to improve quickly. We are on a crest of a wave at present, we results start going against us, and chances become fewer, he is going to find it hard. We can't keep blaming the tactics, if we do, they GJ needs to change this to help Lee come into the game more.

How did the fans "favorite" Lee Johnson do? Its been a few hours and the poor guy hasn't recieved a slagging yet :noexpression:

Maybe, but let's face it LT23 needs to improve quickly. We are on a crest of a wave at present, we results start going against us, and chances become fewer, he is going to find it hard. We can't keep blaming the tactics, if we do, they GJ needs to change this to help Lee come into the game more.

How did the fans "favorite" Lee Johnson do? Its been a few hours and the poor guy hasn't recieved a slagging yet :noexpression:

Johnson was crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle2:

Maybe, but let's face it LT23 needs to improve quickly. We are on a crest of a wave at present, we results start going against us, and chances become fewer, he is going to find it hard.

How many chances did Trundle get today?

We can't keep blaming the tactics, if we do, they GJ needs to change this to help Lee come into the game more.

Agreed, sounds like we still aren't playing to LT's strengths, it's not as though lots of chances are being created for him and he's squandering them. We can't expect self-created champagne style S****horpe goals every week, all strikers need 6 yard box poaching opportunities as well.

Archived