IGNORED

Rowan Vine

tin

Before I start, this isn't a negative post, just a mere suggestion but I reckon we've got a little problem up front at the moment.

Sproule has proved to me that he his winger, and not a striker, and Trundle is continuing to flatter to deceive. Byfield looks quality for me and has to start at Barnsley on Tues but for me we could use a loan signing.

Rowan Vine to QPR

After flicking through this morning's papers, I saw that Rowan Vine could be set to join QPR on loan, according to the People. Surely he could be a decent signing for us until January and is a proven Championship goalscorer that could do very well with Byfield...

Just a thought. :whistle2:

Before I start, this isn't a negative post, just a mere suggestion but I reckon we've got a little problem up front at the moment.

Sproule has proved to me that he his winger, and not a striker, and Trundle is continuing to flatter to deceive. Byfield looks quality for me and has to start at Barnsley on Tues but for me we could use a loan signing.

Rowan Vine to QPR

After flicking through this morning's papers, I saw that Rowan Vine could be set to join QPR on loan, according to the People. Surely he could be a decent signing for us until January and is a proven Championship goalscorer that could do very well with Byfield...

Just a thought. :whistle2:

Great shout, very good striker, also what about Brett Ormerod.

vine would be an awsome player to bring in, but i cant see gary going for any more strikers. if he was trying to bring in a striker on loan, then why would he of said no to jevons going on loan to crewe when he isnt even in the first team at the moment?

also, to bring in a striker on loan now would say to me 'we got it wrong with trundle'. i think he is happy with what we got. just need that one goal to go in off sproules/trundles backside to get the confidence going again

Great shout, very good striker, also what about Brett Ormerod.

Brett Ormerod, played most of the season so far without a goal and has now been dropped buy a team towards the bottom of this league, doesn't have that good a goal record at in this league, 9 goals all last season

vine would be an awsome player to bring in, but i cant see gary going for any more strikers. if he was trying to bring in a striker on loan, then why would he of said no to jevons going on loan to crewe when he isnt even in the first team at the moment?

also, to bring in a striker on loan now would say to me 'we got it wrong with trundle'. i think he is happy with what we got. just need that one goal to go in off sproules/trundles backside to get the confidence going again

Lets look at these points individually.

Jevons is a squad player at best, but has to remain, because of our lack of strikers.

Brooker is a long-term casualty and Showunmi is injury-prone which means that you can discount those two, therefore GJ should bring in another forward.

Trundle has played alongside square pegs in round holes all season and needs to be judged when operating next to a natural forward like Byfield. Sproule must revert to right-wing.

However, even GJ's patience will be tested if Trundle continues his dearth of goals, but our gaffer shouldn't be put off by benching the £1 million man. GJ is in the results business and his job depends on them. There's no sentiment in football.

Jevons is a squad player at best, but has to remain, because of our lack of strikers.

thats my point. if we were to bring someone else is there wouldnt be a lack of strikers so johnson could of said yes to jevons going out on loan. as he said no, that would indicate he has no intention of bringing someone else in.

trundle, byfield, jevons, enoch, sproule. even if you take sproule out of the equation and put him on the wing, that still leaves 4 strikers at the moment (I'm not forgetting about brooker). we wont see anyone come in until either jevons or enoch goes elsewhere on loan.

Not a bad shout, especially considering our present league position compared to QPR (ie Vine might be more inclined to join a team in a better league positions) .

Will be interesting to see the first-11 on tuesday, considering that of our forwards only Byfield has scored in our last 6 matches (over a month). I do believe Trundle will prove a decent buy, but for immediate impact it might serve us to shake up the front players.

Byfield, Jevons, Trundle and Enoch are the only forwards not injured or a bit too young available, and between the four of them the've only scored five league goals. A player like Vine could be a short ter sht in the arm, hopefully getting a couple of goals and also pushing those already here to perform as well. Only problem might be the wages and the effect on squad unity.

Byfield, Jevons, Trundle and Enoch are the only forwards not injured or a bit too young available, and between the four of them the've only scored five league goals. A player like Vine could be a short ter sht in the arm, hopefully getting a couple of goals and also pushing those already here to perform as well. Only problem might be the wages and the effect on squad unity.

My thoughts exactly. I can't imagine wages would be a problem given that Trundle will be on a similar wedge and we'd surely be in a better position both economically and football-wise to lure him ahead of QPR. I think that he would fit in very nicely alongside Byfield and maybe just give Trundle the kick up his ass he needs. I've been far from impressed by his attitude to be substituted recently.

With reference to the depth of strikers we have, I don't think any of them are particularly strong enough. Sproule's a winger, I doubt we'll see Brooker this season, Enoch hasn't made the step up and is injury prone, Trundle is very hit and miss, Jevons hasn't been given a chance. Therefore, Vine and Byfield, with Trundle and Jevons in reserve, could be just the ticket until the window reopens.

Agree completely.

Two or even one quality striker and we'd be in the top two!

We've got

Brooker:Injured

Showunmi:Injured/Not Ready

JMW:Loan & arguably a left winger.

Trundle:Not doing it

Sproule:Winger & not doing it

Byfield:Looks the part and scoring

Jevons:Reckon he'll be off in Jan

Plummer:Not ready yet.

Murray:Good impact player but more at home on the right flank.

Archived