Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Today after 39 games

P*W*D*L*F*A*W*D*L*F*A *P *G.D.

39 12 5 2 30 11 7 6 7 20 21 68 +18

Last Season after 39 games

*P*W*D*L*F*A*W*D*L*F*A*P*G.D.

39 11 5 3 32 13 9 4 7 33 28 69 +24

Admittedly after 39 games last season we were in 5th place, 13 points behind Wigan and 5 behind Crewe who were 2nd - although this only highlights how poor this division has been this season.

Anyone still convinced that the boring defensive 'style' of football we have endured this season is better value than last seasons, more gung-ho, but far more entertaining approach.

Give me last season anyday. At least we were spared Danny Wilson's after match cobblers and spin.
And the players played for him then too.... he's lost them this season I think due to his utterly baffling tactics, and substitutions!

Well, the arguement for progress is simple:

Since Wilson has been here we have improved our league position year on year. In addition, the quality of our squad has also improved year on year.

Agree about last season, it was excellent - obviously some people suffering from amnesia as to who our manager then was.

We do seem to be currently stagnated near the top of the second division, but having continued to improve our squad, league position and fan base I might add, DW must be judged solely on where we are at the end of the season.

This season has been a bit baffling with regards to his tactics I'll admit, we should be more attacking - especially away from home. We have scored a similar amount of goals we scored at AG last season, just a lot more away goals were scored last year.

I Dont care if we finish 7th, the team in 6th go bust and we are handed there playoff place and we beat the team 1-0 after the ball hit Lee Millers arse on the way in, its Promotion or bust. If we go up, sound. Wilson has done his job, we have a summer of anticipation and waiting for the fixtures. Bust? 3,000 less season ticket holders as the inevitable Wilson is kept in charge.

• Admin
And the players played for him then too.... he's lost them this season I think due to his utterly baffling tactics, and substitutions!
Well, if he's interested, I saw most of them down the road from my house yesterday if he's interested in their last known whereabouts :laugh:

• Admin
Without Murray how exciting would our matches have been ?

Not much better than this season.

So, the point is that instead of using his managerial skills to adapt or even replace Murray, Danny Wilson admits defeat and re-signs his flying winger - I remain to be convinced that we will ever see another season from Murray like the last one.

As I asked Progress, what progress?

In reality there has been none!!

Archived