IGNORED

Lee Johnson

robins72

This isnt an anti Johnson post as I like him as a player but do people who went to the game yesterday think he was one of our man of the match? In the papers today I see he got an 8/10 when clearly I heard on the radio, and from people who went to the game that he was one of our weakest links. From what ive seen of him this season I don't think hes been the best player in the team. Would healthy competition from a fit Noble help his play improve? Your thoughts.......

This isnt an anti Johnson post as I like him as a player but do people who went to the game yesterday think he was one of our man of the match? In the papers today I see he got an 8/10 when clearly I heard on the radio, and from people who went to the game that he was one of our weakest links. From what ive seen of him this season I don't think hes been the best player in the team. Would healthy competition from a fit Noble help his play improve? Your thoughts.......

8/10 ?????????????????????????????

you sure it wasn't a misprint as was a 3 ??

if LJ was an 8 ...... then Loius Carey was a 19

:englandsmile4wf:

I just don't get all the people on here slagging off LJ after every match,i was at the game and what i thought was 6 out of 10 first half and 7 out of ten second half, he was our best midfielder by a distance yesterday, no silly passes, solid, but as we all know lets jump on the Elliot band wagon, he was very poor yesteday, and anyone who went will have to agree, what lj needs is Byfield up front with LT, sproule isnt a centre forward, GJ must understand this now!!, last season it was the same with LJ and he will get better, lets get behind him for once on here.

I just don't get all the people on here slagging off LJ after every match,i was at the game and what i thought was he was our best midfielder by a distance yesterday, no silly passes, solid, but as we all know lets jump on the Elliot band wagon, he was very poor yesteday, and anyone who went will have to agree, what lj needs is Byfield up front with LT, sproule isnt a centre forward, GJ must understand this now!!, last season it was the same with LJ and he will get better, lets get behind him for once on here.

Elliott wasn't poor, he was ineffective ...... he;s a on the ground ball winner ...... which is tough to do when the ball spends much of the match in the air from box to box ......

LJ, for whatever reason is underhitting / misdirecting most of his passes ....... it cost us against Burnley, it could have against PNE, but fortunately they had less idea about scoring than we did ...... .

you could say he was getting little help from the forwards as no one was running into the chanels for him, but intercepted passes infront of our back 4 will cost us big time soon ..... thats my big fear..

he also wins very few 50/50 balls, infact not many 70/30 yesterday, ok ....... he's under scrutiny more cus he's the managers son, he can't help that, ..... but he has to tighten up ........ his first pass of the game after about 30 sec .... 15 yards to Bradley, didn't get there ....... and it generally got no better.

we've games coming up against teams with recognised goal scorers, we WILL get hurt if we keep giving the ball away in midfield,

ok we're still undefeated, and the defence performs heroics, and a starting Byfield will help everyone, but who steps down for Byfield ........ i'd say LJ, try Wilson in the midfield, or Wilson at right back and goalscoring Brad in the midfield roll. maybe not as skillfull a passer as LJ, but definately more of a battler.

but whoever starts i'll be there at Barnsley cheering them on

:englandsmile4wf:

I gave him a six and he, in keeping with his colleagues, was better in the second half.

However, these are my concerns:

1.Will not being able to leave him out prove to be GJ's achilles heel?

2.How does GJ deal with the fact that two of his expensive signings are not firing in LT & IS?

3.LJ & DN can only play together in a three man central midfield, so it's one or the other in a two.

4.On what I've seen, all of our midfielders are better in a three man central midfield than a two although I haven't seen Elliott in a three as yet.

We're in credit in points terms so now is the chance to make some changes rather than wait until the wheels come off and bring players in when confidence isn't a high.

We are so lucky 8 games in, we should of lost them all, only 75% of players performing, Gj hasn't got a clue,Km is like a dead body on the touchline, Noble should start doesn't matter if he's still not fit, Byfield should start yes i know he didn't do a proper pre season and he would tell us he's not ready for ninety minutes yet but what would he know he's just a player.

Oh yes and my uncle is really my aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so lucky 8 games in, we should of lost them all, only 75% of players performing, Gj hasn't got a clue,Km is like a dead body on the touchline, Noble should start doesn't matter if he's still not fit, Byfield should start yes i know he didn't do a proper pre season and he would tell us he's not ready for ninety minutes yet but what would he know he's just a player.

Oh yes and my uncle is really my aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally agree, with it all, apart from the uncle bit.....

Noone is saying that we're doing badly, we're all delighted. Why the silly exaggeration?

It's the nature of football fans to always want more and it's obvious that there are still things that can improve.

Sproule isn't a striker, Byfield obviously is, we're not having much luck using Trundle as a target man and Noble won't get fit if he doesn't even get a run out off the bench.

Noone is saying that we're doing badly, we're all delighted. Why the silly exaggeration?

It's the nature of football fans to always want more and it's obvious that there are still things that can improve.

Sproule isn't a striker, Byfield obviously is, we're not having much luck using Trundle as a target man and Noble won't get fit if he doesn't even get a run out off the bench.

I wasn't going to reply but I will.

Noble won't get fit if he doesn't get a run out the bench, are you sure, so you think he'll get match fit in that way do you,the way he'll get fit is playing training games and reserve games which is what he is doing then when he finnally plays he'll be ready.

Sproule isn't a striker Byfield is, I'm sure gj will be devastated by this news I'm sure he doesn't know

Noble won't get fit if he doesn't get a run out the bench, are you sure, so you think he'll get match fit in that way do you,the way he'll get fit is playing training games and reserve games which is what he is doing then when he finnally plays he'll be ready.

Sproule isn't a striker Byfield is, I'm sure gj will be devastated by this news I'm sure he doesn't know

I should have said sharp not fit. If Noble can do 90 minutes in a reserve game then surely he can manage more than half of a first team one? Then there's sharpness and no amount of training games will give the player that IMO.

I fail to see how anyone who's watched Sproule so far could think he's a striker and Byfield has demostrated that he is quite clearly.

GJ won't be devastated by fans having opinions he's had years to get used to the idea.

What a post!!!!!!

Legend Yessir............and sums it all up mate

I take it you're a bit hacked off with some of the comments then ?

I don't think anyone is saying we are lucky - you don't get lucky 8 times and end up in 4th place, we all know that.

In fact the reverse has been said

Nobody has said GJ hasn't a clue either - I don't know what the KM stuff is about.

Haven't heard KM mentioned in anything other than a positive light for ages and who said GJ was clueless?

But yes, Byfield should start as he could give us the start we need in games regardless if he lasts 90 minutes or not. To continue with a totally ineffective Sproule up front from the start isn't helping us is it ?

Play Byfield for thirty minutes then ES or PJ for forty, they'd at least acheive as much as IS is.

totally agree, with it all, apart from the uncle bit.....

You would

Noone is saying that we're doing badly, we're all delighted.

Spot On

Why the silly exaggeration?

Can't take any form of criticism, constructive criticism is not allowed.Heaven forfend an alternative view, which, by its mere inference, must be wrong

It's also very normal for paying customers, without information to the contrary, to be critical unless they are informed and that highlights communication with your customers as a major issue.All businesses can be improved and that's what keeps those of is running major ones in jobs and motivated

Agreed.An alternative view might be that we start them, get 2-0 up and then replace them as soon as is necessary without the need to chase the game.I'm not saying it's right, but it is an alternative.

Gj bought ivan as a winger who could also play up front if needed fact

Then I'm afraid that the fact is that he was ill informed because:

He doesn't time or bend his runs to stay onside, taking City to the top of the offsides League in the CCC.

I haven't seen him "do" anyone for pace anymore or for that matter as much as Scott Murray who he, along with Betsy, was bought to replace.

He obviously won't hurt a team in the air, so why do we keep going long to both he and Trundle?

He can't take the ball from the defence and hold it up, back to goal, when it is played in to feet.

I've seen every game, home & away and I'm genuinely sorry to say, I can't see what all the fuss was about.I hope he proves me wrong and scores a goal a game with the odd assist thrown in from now until the end of the season, but I honestly can't see it.

I am surprised by that reaction, I struggle to recall anyone saying we are lucky, that GJ is clueless, and no idea where the KM stuff comes from. Far from it, I think most are very impressed about our start to the season, and the defence and keeper in particular have shown themselves to be outstanding and easily able to cope.

Good assesment

I think the fact we have competed well has caused some to change their barometer. From just staying up to winning the league!

Not quite and the prices didn't help to lower expectations either

I also think it is fair to say, and that is the crux of most comments (some maybe not so elequently put) that the front 6 are not firing on many cylinders. Now that is not a shock to Gj and Km either , of that most of us are sure. Fans being fans think they can solve it better than the management. We have not been helped by injuries to SB, DN and ES, and an unfit DB. All 3 would be in the mix in normal circumstances. It is tough competing with Prem yo yo clubs and their budgets, but up to now we have done well, and with a bit more confidence in our attacking play, it would seem that we can compete with any of the other relative 'not haves'.

If it's not broke don't fix it, however, if it isn't firing on all cylinders, repair it.I think that's all fans or CUSTOMERS WHO PAY THE PLAYERS & MANAGERS WAGES, as I prefer to call them, are quite reasonably saying.

We are so lucky 8 games in,

Nobody's said that

we should of lost them all,

Or that either

only 75% of players performing,

Possible if you add the words, at all times

Gj hasn't got a clue,

Neither have they said that.

Km is like a dead body on the touchline,

Haven't even seen a comment remotely like that

Noble should start doesn't matter if he's still not fit,

Perhaps if we had regular and clear updates on World and the OS, that would help.It would also help if someone could explain why a month or more of reserve team football and training hasn't got him ready yet.

Byfield should start yes i know he didn't do a proper pre season and he would tell us he's not ready for ninety minutes yet but what would he know he's just a player.

If he says he's not ready for ninety minutes, that's fine but could he play 30, 60, 72-or could he play 45 minutes get us 2-0 up and then we could play ES or PJ up front-or one up top, bolster midfield and defend our lead.That alone isn't ideal but it's better than what we're doing up front at present.There is also the question of why we signed a player that was unfit or didn't sign him earlier, during pre-season for example or why didn't we sign someone else that was fit??

Families, eh :whistle2:

Thanks, but why weren't you going to reply?

Couple of things.When do you consider that will be and do you think GJ will change the formation to accommodate him or drop someone? Once again, better communication & regular updates would stop speculation & rumour

Sproule isn't a striker Byfield is, I'm sure gj will be devastated by this news I'm sure he doesn't know.

He also knows that Jevons is a striker and signed him.He top scored last season ( doesn't say much I know), is scoring for fun in the resvs and we've got a right winger who looks completely unable to play as a striker.

On the communication side, wouldn't GJ's Pre Match Review with Adam Baker be an excellent time to address some of these points as a communication excercise as opposed to asking "What kind of game do you expect at -------(Insert Name)"

On a final point, the people on this Forum spend a fortune travelling the UK to support BCFC (I'll spend about £200 this week travelling to PNE & Barnsley) and none of us want the club to fail.We're not a bunch of no marques who know nothing about football and some of us have seen more managers and chairman than we care to remember.

We discuss BCFC on here and write articles because we love the club.

All were experts of one variety or another who either took the club bankrupt (even before it was fashionable) or promptly *****d off as soon as some cash was on offer and they'd lectured us on loyalty or they'd FUBARED in the transfer market to the tune of some.

We're all behind the club, but that isn't unconditional loyalty and respect is a two way street.

I wonder how GJ will get on in the glare of The Premiership where I hope and believe he may well get us, because managers with fantastic track records are held to account on a DAILY basis by all sections of the media and every pundit and ex pro they can get their hands on.

I'm not just talking about blokes under pressure at the wrong end like Sammy Lee, Billy Davies & Laurie Sanchez but blokes with REAL records like Benitez, Wenger, Mourihno & Ferguson.

It is certainly time to use our squad and shake things up a little. GJ said on the radio on Saturday that he kept the team the same because they hadn't lost and he wanted to keep faith with them. My view is that the defence proved once again on Saturday that they all deserved to be picked again on Tuesday. The attack needs a shake-up...seemed it was better for the changes in the second half so lets change things around...Murray, Byfield and Jevons have all been patient and perhaps it is time that at least one...if not two of them got a go from the start. Midfield is a little trickier. Elliott has been consistently our best player until Saturday..maybe it was just a blip of a bad game maybe he needs a rest...I leave that to GJ he is ckloser to the team. Wilson and Johnson have been a little inconsistent in my opinion and if there are other players that are fit and ready for a game then maybe rest one of them as well. Skuse deserves a go and Betsy should maybe at least get a chance to be on the bench...instead of his retraining as a commentator!

Archived