IGNORED

Memorable Movie Quotes

Nibor

Just watching an awesome film I haven't seen for about 15 years, and I still remembered one of the quotes word for word.

So.. what are your 5 most memorable or favourite movie quotes and why?

Some contenders that stick in my mind:

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Puts across the relentlessness of the Terminator that runs through the whole film in just a few words.

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." - I just liked the look on the emperor's face.

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." - negotiating with style, and it worked every time.

"Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister." - all the things Maclean could complain about given his bad day and he picks that.

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, ******' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!" - Massive irony from the devil but not without a hint of truth to it.

Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.

The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?

Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

[walks out of the room]

The Mayor: He's got a point.

Jack Carter: You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself

Ilsa: I wasn't sure you were the same. Let's see, the last time we met...

Rick: Was La Belle Aurore.

Ilsa: How nice, you remembered. But of course, that was the day the Germans marched into Paris.

Rick: Not an easy day to forget.

Ilsa: No.

Rick: I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.

Senator: The war's over. Our side won the war. Now we must busy ourselves winning the peace. And Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils.

Fletcher: There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

From Anchorman

"Hi, I'm the Bri-man, and I know what you're thinking. I do have a name for my penis......its called the Octagon, but I also have a name for my testicles. The left ones called James Westfall and the right ones Dr Kenneth Noisewater. You play your cards right, you might get to meet the whole gang"

Genius :laugh:

"lets blow this thing kid, and go home"- Han Solo

Full Metal Jacket

"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!

Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough

attention when you were a child?!!!"

Full Metal Jacket

"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!

Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough

attention when you were a child?!!!"

Full Metal Jacket was full of great quotes.

"Is that you John Wayne?"

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What's your name fat-body?

Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, Leonard Lawrence, sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Lawrence? Lawrence what of Arabia?

Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, No, sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: That name sounds like royalty are you royalty?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Do you suck dicks?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit. I bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle.

And of course, "I bet you're the kind of low life scum bag that would f### a man from behind and not even have the common curtosy to give him a reach around"

My favourite quote ever, although not film is from family guy:

"Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!"

I like this one:

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent : Yeah but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother-fu**ers. Pigs sleep and root in sh**. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eating nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard his own feces.

Vincent : How 'bout a dog? Dog eats his own feces.

Jules : I don't eat dog either.

Vincent : Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules : I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they definitely dirty. But, dog's got personality; personality goes a long way.

Vincent : Ahh, so by that rational, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules Winnfield: Well, we'd have to be talking one charming mother-fu**ing pig.

The one I remember from dusk til dawn goes something like:

Girl: Seth, are you ok?

Seth: I'm just peachy. The world is my oyster. Except for the fact that I've just rammed a wooden stake into my brother's chest because he turned into a vampire. Aside from that everything's hunky-******-dory.

McMurphy: She was fifteen years old, going on thirty-five, Doc, and she told me she was eighteen, she was very willing, I practically had to take to sewing my pants shut. Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don't think it's crazy at all and I don't think you do either. No man alive could resist that, and that's why I got into jail to begin with. And now they're telling me I'm crazy over here because I don't sit there like a goddamn vegetable. Don't make a bit of sense to me. If that's what being crazy is, then I'm senseless, out of it, gone-down-the-road, wacko. But no more, no less, that's it.

From One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Archived