IGNORED

Alan Dicks

Wurzel_Bill

Now that the new version of One for the Bristol City is being played at Ashton Gate, it means that we will no longer hear those immortal words:

"...down at Ashton Gate, there's Alan Dicks, and the red red robins to..."

He was the man that was sacked because of the amusing chant "Dicks Out!".

That set me wondering what has happened to Alan and where is he now. He must be knocking on a bit.

Does anyone know if he still watches City.

I saw him the other day at a game down the Gate. He was looking very well and had been in the boardroom after the match, so presumably it's a case of Dicks In rather than Dicks Out.

I did the interview for The Incider and I have to say it was fascinating listening to him talk. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind, and as someone who had been just a mere whippersnapper attending games towards the end of his reign, it was great to get a perspective that didn't just treat everyone who was at City in the top flight as faultless heroes.

I saw him the other day at a game down the Gate. He was looking very well and had been in the boardroom after the match, so presumably it's a case of Dicks In rather than Dicks Out.

I did the interview for The Incider and I have to say it was fascinating listening to him talk. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind, and as someone who had been just a mere whippersnapper attending games towards the end of his reign, it was great to get a perspective that didn't just treat everyone who was at City in the top flight as faultless heroes.

There was a good interview with him in yesterdays Independent. He goes to alot of city games, watches from the boardroom and said City are in his blood. There were also comparisions between him and GJ's styles of management.. Also the squads have similar strengths - a mix of local lads that have come up through the ranks and some good players from Scotland etc.. Dicks said that he thinks GJ can get us back to the promised land..

An interview we did a couple of years ago:

Alan Dicks Interview

what a great read that interview is, i've not seen that before.

was great to hear he still comes down the gate to watch home games and that he's looked after when he's here.

takes me back to the good old days hearing the old names like hunter, gow, ritchie, tainton and cheesley.

makes you really hope we can achieve that top status again very soon. :sign09:

Archived