IGNORED

"keogh Call"

Whirling Ted Smith

I got home from work at 7pm (that's my excuse out the way for non-attendance tonight). The wife had bought the local paper and on the back page was an article titled, "Keogh Call: Home rule is a must." Here are the interesting extracts:

"The 21-year-old ... starts a second month on loan from Bristol City aiming to press claims for a possible permanent move ..."

He "has made no secret of his dissatisfaction with life at Ashton Gate."

The reporter Doug Thomson then quotes Richard Keogh directly: "There's little to choose between this squad [at Huddersfield] and the one Bristol City had last season."

This is the full article

I like Keogh alot but not sure what planet he's on with that kind of statement.

Tell me if i'm wrong but i don't see Huddersfield finishing second in league 1 this season.

Oh dear. "Smack". That was the sound of the final nail in Keogh's Bristol City coffin. The next Danny Coles?

Tell me if i'm wrong but i don't see Huddersfield finishing second in league 1 this season.

Not surprised by that statement at all. The lad is trying to carve out a career and leaving his options open. Cant imagine it going down to well he said

"Well Huddersfield arnt bad, and some of the players are ok but not as good as the ones we had at Bristol City last season though and the manager we have here isnt as good as Sir Gary.....in fact, what am I doing here, send me back"

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I think he knows that his chances will be limited at City, and if he wants to progress up the League, and become a regular International, he needs to be playing regular first team football. Just hope we get a decent sell-on clause as I think he has heaps of potential.

Lived here 5 years but I've never seen them play apart from the 4 times when we have played them in that time - so I can't comment really.

If he would have signed the contract in the summer then he would be in the team now instead of Fontaine. Yet he is now playing League One footy up in sunny Huddersfield.

Gotta say, the lad played a blinder last night. We were all over Huddersfield 2nd half but Keogh was everywhere. He blocked, tackled and cleared everything around him and put in a very impressive defensive display. A very confident lad, comfortable on the ball and a big presence in defence.

Maybe he has found his level in league one but his performance last night would suggest otherwise.

Archived