IGNORED

No Midfield Options

SUPER REDS

GJ has little options in the midfield at present with Russell on loan and Noble injured we lack a creative player if Lee Johnson is not on form we can not change it,sounded if Barnsley packed the midfield with good effect as e did last season having Noble and Johnson playing in there,Russell can effect the play with good passess why we let on loan is crazy with out Noble ok.

Anyway we still have had a great start and we new it would be tough but got to keep fighting for every point this season and hopefully get three more at home on Saturday against Sheffield Utd

Trouble is who do you drop to accommodate Noble? Marvin? - not in a million years. LJ - not in a trillion years I'm afraid. I think Marvin has the ability pace and height to be a top attacking midfielder. Skuse has the tackling skill to be a top defensive midfielder but that leaves no place for LJ who to be fair is playing his part and I can't see GJ dropping him.

My problem is Lee Trundle - possesses wonderful skills but needs to be more consistent. Struggling at this level at the moment methinks. Saturday would provide a great stage!

Russell is a great option to have on the bench and it sounds like he's in great form for the cobblers at the moment. He is the one player (other than LJ) who can control the game with intelligent passing - just a shame he's not doing it for us at the moment.

And as for Noble - yes, i would always have him in the team. You can't drop Marvin at the moment and i wouldnt want to lose LJ controlling play with his passing.

So, I'd drop one of our strikers and play Noble behind a lone striker. He did that brilliantly last season, and seeing as he doesnt do much defending, i think thats his best role.

Skuse is another dilemna.. I thought he was really impressive when he came on last night. pity marvin is doing so well, because it means there is nowhere to play him right now.

We could revert to last seasons successfull 3-5-2, not necessarily Saturday but the next block of ten. The next block of 10 are tough, tough enough to make the first block of 10 look like a honeymoon.

GJ and KM see the squad each day in training and know the fitness and ability levels. Lets look at that. GJ came out in public praise of Ribiero the Robot and said he was about ready. With McAllister being less than Stellar, he needs to see the warning sign. LJ needs to be aware that Noble is almost ready. We also have a big, fit Hungarian International, considered good enough to play against Italy. Noble and Vasko might work well in a 3-5-2, especially against sides like Stoke, who will give us a real hard time. Big, fast and physical, nowhere to hide !

As a midfield I would play Wilson, Johnson, Elliot, Noble and McIndoe, with Skuse as reserve. Backs being Orr. Carey and Fontaine, with the front 2 Byfield with Trundle or Vasko. Depending on the opposition, I would play Skuse and Vasko instead of LJ and Trundle against the more physical teams. Blood and bone, otherwise there will be more 3-0 results against us.

Archived