IGNORED

0ne Loss So What

Red Robin

Christ we lose one game and many jump on the bandwagon of doom and gloom.

In a way a loss is just the ticket to lick the players back in to shape.

We were very poor at PNE, did not go tonight. took the kids to the circus,i had the radio on coming back home,and christ the pessimists are already out in force.

If one had been told we would lose one game in the first eight we would have thought the guy crazy lets get a grip we have had a cracking start to the season.

Saturday against Sheffield Utd is the time to put things right.

Yes LT is struggleing,but the rest are doing a fine job keep on believing.

If LT can have a run with Byfield for five games then we can have a proper assestment of him then.

Ive said to a couple of people, as much as id love to see ciy go a season unbeaten its not realistic well it wasnt his year, a loss proves to the team theyre not invincible and now they can look at the small cracks in the team and fill them in ... every 8 games 1 loss ... id be happy but that isnt going to happen either. were just coming back down to earth, sproule isnt who we tought he was because he's not had enough time with the team, as with trundle however i admire byfield for doing what he's done he knew what needed doing on two occassions and did it, i don't know how he played tonight though all the same for elliot too. Mcindoe, as i said in a previous post keeps getting hacked at so he's doing a great job. once we can just mould as a unit we will be a solid championship team, there's nothing to say we can't do a reading, wigan, fulham, man city all those teams that have recently come into that league and shat on eveyone in it.

I did actually go tonight. Certainly Trundle not all that impressive but neither was Byfield either. Barnsley keeper only had one save to make and service to front two was dreadful. No balls threaded to feet from the centre, no good crosses coming in from the wings.

Had enough possession but did nothing with it . Much good stuff from the defence who were on top of Barnsley for much of the time. Two goals in five minutes and then a very late breakaway from our corner gave a score out of all proportion to the game itself.

Still, Barnsley did have the better chances, were a bit more threatening and deserved their win. (Odejayi playing irritatingly well leading their line but without real goal threat).

Bad day at the office, but a first defeat in the 9th game isn't anything to panic about. In an odd way, this may help Gary in the long run: upto now it's been difficult and would be unfair to change the last undefeated team in the Championship.

Roll on Saturday for the visit of Robbo's Blunt Blades.

C'mon you reds!

Christ we lose one game and many jump on the bandwagon of doom and gloom.

In a way a loss is just the ticket to lick the players back in to shape.

We were very poor at PNE, did not go tonight. took the kids to the circus,i had the radio on coming back home,and christ the pessimists are already out in force.

If one had been told we would lose one game in the first eight we would have thought the guy crazy lets get a grip we have had a cracking start to the season.

Saturday against Sheffield Utd is the time to put things right.

Yes LT is struggleing,but the rest are doing a fine job keep on believing.

If LT can have a run with Byfield for five games then we can have a proper assestment of him then.

You didn't go tonight but I did, plus three new faces I brought along and my daughter.

My problem with the way City have been playing is that we don't play with any sort of style. There was no panache. GJ has said this and so have the players in interviews about not getting the passing game going, lacking quality, not playing Championship football.

Actually imo the score flatters Barnsley because they were just as bad as us (they had many individual errors) and we were caught pushing-up trying to get something. We could have gone on all night and not scored. Trundle is a bit of a disappointment to say the least and for some reason does not seem to throw himself about as muchas I thought a stockier lad might.

I hate City losing but losing like that, with a punchless performance, passes drifting all over the place and having a pants side like Barnsley bang three in against us, it just sucks.

You didn't go tonight but I did, plus three new faces I brought along and my daughter.

My problem with the way City have been playing is that we don't play with any sort of style. There was no panache. GJ has said this and so have the players in interviews about not getting the passing game going, lacking quality, not playing Championship football.

Actually imo the score flatters Barnsley because they were just as bad as us (they had many individual errors) and we were caught pushing-up trying to get something. We could have gone on all night and not scored. Trundle is a bit of a disappointment to say the least and for some reason does not seem to throw himself about as muchas I thought a stockier lad might.

I hate City losing but losing like that, with a punchless performance, passes drifting all over the place and having a pants side like Barnsley bang three in against us, it just sucks.

stop on!

i don't mind the fact that we lost, its the way we lost to a team who didnt play well either.

it was pretty poor football from city and we never really looked like scoring. too many errors broke down alot of the possession which didnt help and as you say barnsley were just as bad as us.

we were given a footballing lesson tonight!

but as long as these experiences are learnt from there should be no problem......... after all we are still 6th!!!!

Yes we lost after going on on a good unbeaten run, It had to come sometime and tbh I expected it to come last night. Just had a funny feeling about this game.

Maybe the unbeaten run added abit of pressure to the players as they felt under pressure to keep it going.

I'm glad we now have a big home game coming up instead of one of the less glamorous sides as we all know how City raise there game in the big games.

The Barnsley came has come and gone now, Lets start thinking and looking forward to the next game, Lets not get on the players backs and instead encourage them as much as we can.

Archived