IGNORED

Lots Of Land For A Stadium In Keynsham

Barrs Court Red

Blimey, the Cadburys factory is to close! Didn't see that coming

It is south of the River though, shame it doesnt have the road network.

the bottom part of the ground where they play football gets

flooded when we have a down poor.

the bottom part of the ground where they play football gets

flooded when we have a down poor.

I was only half serious fella! The land is boggy and the aren't the roads for it.

The area will end up being housing I suspect. All well and good, but that road that Cadburys comes out to is bad enough in rush hour as it is!

I was only half serious fella! The land is boggy and the aren't the roads for it.

The area will end up being housing I suspect. All well and good, but that road that Cadburys comes out to is bad enough in rush hour as it is!

yes but close to a railway station

Too late people , it's going to be a college . The playing fields all round the lower end are staying , however the main pitch and sommerdale lodge and club section where the function rooms is are going to make way for housing. best just redevelop AG!!

I seem to remember the housing issue in last years South West housing plan. That whole area is going to see 10,000? New homes built, starting 2010. it all ties in I guess.

Hicks Gate roundabout with thousands more cars, That'll make a matchday journey on the ring road even more fun :)

Any idea what the college is going to be? Wellsway and Broadlans to merge?

No doubt you're right about the site ending up as housing -like every bit of available land the size of a postage stamp or bigger in Bristol seems to be doing.. - yet another 'Brookside' like estate is probably on the cards.

I know theres a massive demand for brownfield housing developments -but I wish a little more thought was sometimes given to familiar landmark buildings before going in willy-nilly with the bulldozers...

The Frys/Cadbury factory at Keynsham is set in such a nice unique setting, for generations everyone in Bristol is familiar with it.

Bristols chocolate making history is a significant part of its industrial heritage & like the tobacco factory it would be nice if new uses for the interior could be found (leisure/arts/restaurant/mini chocolate making museum etc etc) whilst preserving the iconic shell of the building - too many important sites/sights around the country have been turned into bland look-alike housing.

If a suitably good scheme could be put forward it might attract Lottery funding?

Hope someone starts a campaign to get some form of preservation order/listed building status for the old 'Frys Chocolate Factory' that we all know & love ...before it goes the same way as many of our pubs (ie Wedlocks) etc.

I seem to remember the housing issue in last years South West housing plan. That whole area is going to see 10,000? New homes built, starting 2010. it all ties in I guess.

Hicks Gate roundabout with thousands more cars, That'll make a matchday journey on the ring road even more fun :)

Any idea what the college is going to be? Wellsway and Broadlans to merge?

I think its competion for St. Brendan's as they had record applicants this year , and were unable to accommodate all the pupils.

Archived