IGNORED

I Hope Gary Johnson Reads This. Re: Lack Of Goals...

OC 1645

14 points from 9 games - a great start :clapping: - but..........

It's the midfield that worries me most. Marvin Elliot is outstanding with his workrate but the rest of the midfield seem to struggle getting decent passes into Trundle and Byfield. If Sproule or Murray on the right and McIndie on the left could get more quality crosses/passes to Trundle and Byfield from the wings then I reckon we'll blitz most teams in this division off the park.

The only unit in the current BCFC team that really consistently impresses me is Basso and his defenders. A bit more work on making the midfield and forwards gel more would see us - at least - into a pray-off place come the end of the season. :icecream:

Up the City

It's the midfield that worries me most. Marvin Elliot is outstanding with his workrate but the rest of the midfield seem to struggle getting decent passes into Trundle and Byfield. If Sproule or Murray on the right and McIndie on the left could get more quality crosses/passes to Trundle and Byfield from the wings then I reckon we'll blitz most teams in this division off the park.

The only unit in the current BCFC team that really consistently impresses me is Basso and his defenders. A bit more work on making the midfield and forwards gel more would see us - at least - into a pray-off place come the end of the season. :icecream:

Up the City

You are spot on in that you can rely consistently on Basso and the back four to deliver the goods. However, we are not going to keep 30 clean sheets this season therefore we cannot afford to be shut out too often ourselves. There is still a lot of hard work to be done on the training ground to sharpen up our attacking play although most sensible supporters knew that this season was going to be no stroll in the park (unlike the blue few up the road who thought Championship football next season was a formality a few weeks ago and are now talking about avoiding Basement football again!!).

The one thing I would like to see us do based upon the five games I have seen this season is keep the ball better. Too often we look for the almost impossible "hollywood" pass and all we do is effectively gift the opposition the ball and spend the next ten minutes running round and expending lots of energy trying to get it back. Sometimes (particularly when we score late on) we should be looking to play it simple and keep possession for twenty passes if we can. I would like to see Noble given a run out soon as he will be fresh, itching for the chance to play and I think he can do the job at Championship level.

The one thing I would like to see us do based upon the five games I have seen this season is keep the ball better. Too often we look for the almost impossible "hollywood" pass and all we do is effectively gift the opposition the ball and spend the next ten minutes running round and expending lots of energy trying to get it back. Sometimes (particularly when we score late on) we should be looking to play it simple and keep possession for twenty passes if we can. I would like to see Noble given a run out soon as he will be fresh, itching for the chance to play and I think he can do the job at Championship level.

You're spot on regarding those impossible "hollywood" passes gifting the opposition with the ball and then us spending the next ten minutes running around and expending lots of energy trying to get it back. Better to see McIndoe and Sproule sprinting down their respective wings with the ball. Nice sharp neat passes/crosses into the oncoming Byfield and Trundle. The priority has to be to get Byfield and Trundle into the game and let them exhibit their core competences - scoring goals !!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Up the City

I'd like to see our wingers play a little wider. If you look when we have posession, both left and right wingers are extremely narrow. If you compare that to when we played Man City and West Brom at home, they both exploited the width perfectly and thus gaining more room for the forwards and the deep running midfielders.

Although our shape has been solid, it's still not flamboyant enough to score lots of goals.

Midfield needs sorting, but come on lads, we lost our first game since the start of the season, not all bad..

Indeed, not all bad. I've just bought my tickets for Saturday's game against Sheffield's blades - be there or be square. :innocent06:

Up the City

Sorry gobbers, I am going to have to be square. What with being on strike and very high POD prices at the gate.

In that case my best wishes to you Sir. Back on my soapbox - once again, I'd like to wish the Post Office Union and all Postal Staff union members - of which I was also once a proud union member - every success in their efforts to gain fair wages and conditions from their tyrannical employers - i.e. our ruling Labour Government that are quite happy to lick their European Union bosses' backsides by giving the EU £billions in UK membership fees (actually our taxes) but can't pay a fair wage to our postmen and women.

Archived