IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire

nester

Scorer of one of the best goals i've ever seen down the gate, a 40 yard volley over the keeper's head if i remember correctly and a really nice bloke when i met him, shame he departed saying such things.

I think fans get sucked in by comments made by past players. Luke could have spoken for 3 hours about how much he loved the fans, enjoyed Bristol, wishes it had worked out etc but a one line comment of "I was frustrated and wanted to play first team football" or something like that would be picked up on and reported. It makes far better reading.

To be honest I would be disappointed if he'd said he had been happy playing in the reserves.

Really pleased things seem to be going ok for him.

I think fans get sucked in by comments made by past players. Luke could have spoken for 3 hours about how much he loved the fans, enjoyed Bristol, wishes it had worked out etc but a one line comment of "I was frustrated and wanted to play first team football" or something like that would be picked up on and reported. It makes far better reading.

So true.

I remember listening to an interview with Thiery Henry on Five Live once. He interviewed extremely well and what he said made lots of sense (no.. 'yer knows?' in every sentence like some other footballers!).

At one point he was asked how he'd like to finish his career, to which he answered that if it was at a team like Arsenal then he would be happy as it meant he would still be playing for a top european team.

Two minutes later during the News and Sport headlines they start with.... "Henry pledges future at Arsenal"!!

Archived