IGNORED

Youth Football Insurance

Henry

Right, a few question I'd like answering if anyone could:

1. Does anyone know if youth football clubs have insurance?
  2. If so, what sort of policy?
  3. Has anyone been injuried playing youth football and had any sort of pay out?
Cheers, any help/info would be good.

Right, a few question I'd like answering if anyone could:
  1. Does anyone know if youth football clubs have insurance?
  2. If so, what sort of policy?
  3. Has anyone been injuried playing youth football and had any sort of pay out?
Cheers, any help/info would be good.

I would imagine that most, if not all affiliated clubs, whether it be youths, adults, girls or womens football will have come sort of insurance. I think that's what the signing on fee that is paid at the start of the season is for.

The best person to ask would be either the manager or secretary of the club.

As an ex-insurance game player:

I would expect them to have liability insurance because the claims can be huge. This is if something happens and the club's liable - e.g. wiring in changing room not checked for years and somebody is electrocuted.

This is probably all they have as they would be quite frankly mental not to have it.

Some clubs will have Personal Accident policies that pay out in case of accidental injury but they don't need to have this and generally I would expect them not to becaus of cost - as claims would be fairly frequent the premium would be high.

And no, I've not heard of a payout in youth football. I'm sure it happens but it's not headline news.

You can always sue the person who inflicted the injury - for assault, abh. There was a successful rugby prosecution a few years back after somebody was paralysed during the game. Also the criminla injuries board may chip in.

Archived