IGNORED

Five On Loan

Bristol Boy

With Artus, JMW, Russell, Betsy & a now seemingly want away Richard Keogh out on loan, are we clearing the decks to bring a loan signing or two in?

With ES & SB on the injury list (just by way of a change) do we need a target man to hold the ball up and convince the back four that they're not playing against a squash wall?

Creativity and getting the ball to talented forwards at the right time, in key areas, plus goal threat from midfield is the other major issue and could we be in the market for a player of that ilk or will Noble be re-introduced??

No doubt Henderson will be back on loan when Weale gets over his latest setback and the loans are probably the best way of getting or keeping players match fit, given the quantity and quality of our reserve team football.

Double edged sword I suppose, because they could pick up injuries, however at least they're off the wage bill, getting proper match practice and can come back ready for first team action.

With Artus, JMW, Russell, Betsy & a now seemingly want away Richard Keogh out on loan, are we clearing the decks to bring a loan signing or two in?

With ES & SB on the injury list (just by way of a change) do we need a target man to hold the ball up and convince the back four that they're not playing against a squash wall?

Creativity and getting the ball to talented forwards at the right time, in key areas, plus goal threat from midfield is the other major issue and could we be in the market for a player of that ilk or will Noble be re-introduced??

No doubt Henderson will be back on loan when Weale gets over his latest setback and the loans are probably the best way of getting or keeping players match fit, given the quantity and quality of our reserve team football.

Double edged sword I suppose, because they could pick up injuries, however at least they're off the wage bill, getting proper match practice and can come back ready for first team action.

I'm surprised that we haven't tried to get a premiership loanee come to us. There are a lot of very good players out that could provide the midfield spark we have been missing.

I just can't think of the lists of players who are available on loan who can improve our team. I don't see many target men around full stop, never mind championship quality ones that are kicking about in the Premiership reserves. I genuinely think we signed the best quality we could realistically hope to attract at this stage in our progression. In fact our strikers have worked much better than Luke Varney and Billy Sharpe who we should have bought if we showing any ambition...

We need better players to succeed at this level (succeed i mean to be in the playoff mix at the end of the season) that's clear. But we have enough to stay up, and we've proved that we can "compete" at this level so far. One of them could be David Noble, but then what's the guarantee? He was average throughout the majority of last season and only came good in the end.

So while it's easy to point out the problems, it's a lot harder to come up with credible solutions. So the challenge that i'll throw down is to name these players we should be signing on loan or otherwise.

So while it's easy to point out the problems, it's a lot harder to come up with credible solutions. So the challenge that i'll throw down is to name these players we should be signing on loan or otherwise.

There are not many players about, but what about looking at Daniel Sturridge at Man City, he's very similar to Ishmael Miller, in that he's very quick and strong and looks an exciting prospect. He may be available for a loan? :dunno:

Archived