IGNORED

Marvelous Marvin Elliot

city1uk

After today's colossus display, and best city player in most other city matches this season, is Marvin Elliot Bristol City's best ever signing - even at this early stage!

I'm old enough to remember some great signings such as ledgendary John Galley at £30,000 and more recently Bob Taylor but this guy seems to eclipse them all.

Or am I just getting carried away?

After today's colossus display, and best city player in most other city matches this season, is Marvin Elliot Bristol City's best ever signing - even at this early stage!

I'm old enough to remember some great signings such as ledgendary John Galley at £30,000 and more recently Bob Taylor but this guy seems to eclipse them all.

Probably a bit early to say best ever, but he has been awesome thus far this season. My only worrry is that a premiership club comes in for him in the January window. Anyone remember what contract length we signed him on?

I was just about to post the same thing!!

You are not getting carried away, this guy will play Premiership football one day, he is a young claude makélélé! I hope it will be with us :fingerscrossed:

One word........outstanding

Maybe a little OTT with it being so early into his city carear. However I will go to say if he continues on the way he has started we will have one hell of a player! The only thing that his games lacks is goals. However if he scored goals on a more regular basis he would be a premiership player without a doubt. Not to say he wont make one yet.

Come on you reds!

Maybe a little OTT with it being so early into his city carear. However I will go to say if he continues on the way he has started we will have one hell of a player! The only thing that his games lacks is goals. However if he scored goals on a more regular basis he would be a premiership player without a doubt. Not to say he wont make one yet.

Come on you reds!

of course and that's why Makelele will never be a successful premiership player.....

As long as others scores and he cleans up elsewhere, who cares! Try telling Jose that as CM was instrumental in Chelseas success in their first two seasons, despite his LACK OF GOALS :innocent06:

My god your slow, it was irony in response to the post intimating that Elliots lack of goals was somehow an obstacle to playing in the premiership......

I was just about to post the same thing!!

You are not getting carried away, this guy will play Premiership football one day, he is a young claude makélélé! I hope it will be with us :fingerscrossed:

One word........outstanding

Of course he's getting carried away! 10 games into his City career and people are already calling him a legend and speculating over a future in the Premiership. Perhaps it is fair to speculate, but you can't take anything for granted. Just ask the Millwall fans who were desperate to get Elliott out of their club a couple of months back.

Elliott has been absolutely superb for us this season, our stand-out peformer by a mile. There's absolutely no doubt about that! Thus far, he's been Johnson's best summer signing.

However, only time will tell whether he will keep the performances up and fulfill his obvious potential.

There's a part of me that finds it hugely dissapointing to see fans ranting and raving about Elliott as our best ever signing, while some have only recently been disgarding the 11 years that Brian Tinnion gave to us. Slightly off-topic, but there's no greater demonstration of how fickle football fans really are.

Ah well, great performance today and now is a great time to be a City fan so let's enjoy it!

I believe he was a freebie!!

Though having nobes out there today was almost like having a new signing. Trundle has a fight on his hands now, that's for sure.

Not a normal thing to have found but johnson may now have an amazing trio there, johnson played the ball when he needed to he generally relaxed, elliot won eveything off the blades and noble didnt loose the ball, even his duff touches seemed to result in a city player retreiving the ball, if byfield were to be suspended/injured soon i know i wouldn't be against putting Jevo in there, that midfield has confidence runing through it, and bradley orr.

There are few players who have been head and shoulders above the rest of the team to the extent that Elliott has, whether they've played ten games or two hundred. He was immense yet again today and fully deserved his MOTM award. I hope we have him on a long and secure enough contract.

Yes - especially when you start to look at the competition... Cheeseley, Galley, Bob Taylor, Shaun Taylor, Hunter, Cormack, Cole and Jacki. Marvin Elliot is a quality signing, but to eclipse some these guys he's going to have to be at the top of his game over a longer period of time.

Archived