IGNORED

Charity Furniture Collection

Drew Peacock

Anyone recommend a decent charity furniture organisation who will take a sofa I want to get rid of?

It is a sofa bed my parents had, quite comfy (as a sofa) and quite high so easy for people with infirm legs to get on and off, still good condition.

Please don't recommend Sofa Project, I would rather burn it than give it to them.

Whats wrong with Sofa Project?

I offered them an old dining suite. They couldn't say when they would turn up, but I happened to be in when they came. Were very sniffy about it all, said they would have the chairs but not the table, so they didn't get anything.

Gave it to my secretary's son who was moving in to a house, he rubbed the table down, re-varnished it and it looked good as new.

Speaking to other people that is not a unique experience.

Anyone recommend a decent charity furniture organisation who will take a sofa I want to get rid of?

It is a sofa bed my parents had, quite comfy (as a sofa) and quite high so easy for people with infirm legs to get on and off, still good condition.

Please don't recommend Sofa Project, I would rather burn it than give it to them.

Last time I had to get rid of a suite I used Bristol Beavers on Gloucester Road - 0117 924 4204

I offered them an old dining suite. They couldn't say when they would turn up, but I happened to be in when they came. Were very sniffy about it all, said they would have the chairs but not the table, so they didn't get anything.

Gave it to my secretary's son who was moving in to a house, he rubbed the table down, re-varnished it and it looked good as new.

Speaking to other people that is not a unique experience.

I know a few others with experiances very much the same as yours, so unfortuantly it seems very much the norm.

Archived