IGNORED

City Don't Lose When They're Winning At Half-time

Rudolf Hucker

When I got home from the Sheff Utd match yesterday evening, fed and well-watered, I settled down to enjoy the whole match once more thanks to Sky+.

Just before the start of the second half the Sky host, sat alongside Peter Beagrie, came out with a statistic of which I wasn't aware and which I found quite staggering. He said that it was 4 years since City had gone into a h/t break in the lead and subsequently lost the match.

Shortly afterwards, the match commentator, sat alongside Don Goodman, stated that the last time that City had lost a game in which they were leading at half-time dated back to April 2001. This is somewhat at odds with his colleague but whoever is right, it's still a bloody good record and an interesting piece of trivia.

The question is, for you statisticians out there: when was the last time that City held the lead at half-time and ended up losing the game? (I don't have the answer BTW - I'm looking for someone to provide it!)

Rudi

That is quite an interesting stat, I knew we tended to be not too bad at that but hadn't realised how consistant we had been for the last 6 years!

April 21st, 2001. We went 1 up against Notts County with a 33rd minute goal from Clist and lost the game with second half goals from Danny Allsopp and Kevin Nicholson

That is quite an interesting stat, I knew we tended to be not too bad at that but hadn't realised how consistant we had been for the last 6 years!

April 21st, 2001. We went 1 up against Notts County with a 33rd minute goal from Clist and lost the game with second half goals from Danny Allsopp and Kevin Nicholson

Many thanks Dogbert. That really is some record - let's hope that we can maintain it for a few more years to come!

And according to Don Goodman (during the match) , Mark Noble scored? On the 'Big League' programme Lee Johnson is apparantly a fans favourate too?

their not very good with names on sky sports,

because when naming the england u21's line up the summer just gone on sky sports news,

a one david noble was named in midfield!!!

i think they must get confused :rofl2br:

Archived