IGNORED

The Reserve Team

Ray White

Well it isn't. I saw them play the Manor yesterday and they are all too weak. I can't see one player in that lot that will seriously feature in our team in seasons to come.

The academy is a waste of time.

hmmmm.... I thought Leroy was playing last night?

The Reserve game against Manor Farm was played on a very rough pitch which also seemed to slope from side to side and end to end.

There were also a number of U17/U19's in the side, playing against some very big and probably tough men. Often playing against a sever amount of what I can only call 'shouting' from the Manor Farm bench - which resulted in their Manager being removed from the Bench by the Ref, and from a personal note something I found rather amusing. :ph34r:

I thought our lads battled well against some. Joe B had a very solid game in Midfield, and Leroy was a threat all night for all their defence. Joe A was a livewire alongside Leroy. Some very good performances, and they all showed how fit and disciplined they all were in playing against a tough side, who are top of their league, full of confidence and with nothing to lose on the night.

A great game, watched and enjoyed without the usual pressure.

I Agree.

Under the circumstances I thought the Reserves played very well.

Again names are difficult to remember, but the left winger looked good as well as one of the defenders that kept making surging runs forward who also had good distribution.

The defender looks a better prospect then Danny Coles at the same age !

I really enjoyed the night and it stood as a reminder of the strengh of passion for football at grass roots level.

I have said many times on here about the prspect of Joe Anyinsah (sp?) hes looked fantastic every time i seen him play.

When i see the likes of Roberts, Burnell and lita play for the reserves quite a lot of the time they don't look as good as they do for the first team. obviously becuase they aren't going to be up for it as much and when you got poor players around you, you can't make to much of an impact without having someone to put away your crosses, or supply you with chances.

I personally would love to see Mr. Anyinsah to have 10 or 20 minutes of a match as soon as possible as i think hes gone as far as he can and he need first team experience to go furthur.

At the moment we have lost so much talent because we haven't played them enough, Clist, Hulbert, Hawkins seems to be going that way and i really thought they had potential, it wouldn't annoy me so much if we did something with what we got and had a good reason not to give them more of a game.

To watch football, RiazziG. Some people aren't ostriches and believe only first team football exists. They are not elitist and like to watch football, no matter what standard.

Also sometimes its a nice change to the atmosphere to see a match from lower down the pecking order.

I dont understand why people go to reserve matches?????
The reserve team is the future of Bristol City, if i had the time and money i would watch the under 19's as well.

Its all football and more importantly its all Bristol City and not that Premeier league nonesonse of I'm in the premier league bow down to my power.

I like lower league football better, if City ain't playing I go and watch weston-Super-Mare. Its all fotball and its the grass roots of football, something that needs to be looked at more.

Guest Rikku

I don't think the academy can be considered a waste of time when a fair few of our current first team regulars came from it. Whilst we are producing players that are capable of assisting and being involved in a promotion campaign then surely the academy is a handy resource? Plus we can sell on the players that don't make the grade.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

The academy is a waste of time.

Amankwaah, brennan, both browns, burnelll, carey, clist, coles,doherty, fortune, hill, jones, jordan, langan, lita, plummer, rosenior, woodman! Obviously a waste of time!

Archived