IGNORED

Basso Going To Hertha Berlin

headhunter

..... this weekend to see his friend play for the German team!!

Bumped into our Brazilian goalkeeping maestro at Bristol Airport yesterday afternoon.

Had a word with him and as previous meetings can only say what a really nice guy he is.

Was on the Easy Jet flight to Berlin with his girlfriend [wife?] so guess the lads have this weekend to please themselves what they do.

I wonder who his mate is in the German team - possible signing for us ???

Bumped into our Brazilian goalkeeping maestro at Bristol Airport yesterday afternoon.

Had a word with him and as previous meetings can only say what a really nice guy he is.

Was on the Easy Jet flight to Berlin with his girlfriend [wife?] so guess the lads have this weekend to please themselves what they do.

If he plays for the German national team then i don't think he would come to us. He's probably at one of the top European clubs. Could well be Jens Lehmann? Basso was on trial at Arsenal prior to joining us. (Unless he gave you a name?)

Also, just proves yet again that we really have got the best all round goalkeeper in Bristol. Basso is a true gent and really considers himself very fortunate to be in the position he is in and is also very modest!

scott murray is also having the weekend off and going to scotland to see them play ukraine... if anyone was interested... probably not.

Major surprise there then ;)

• SC&T Board Members

Hertha actually have at least 3 Brazilians in their squad: Gilberto, as already mentioned, plus Lucio (not the Bayern guy) and Andre Lima. Basso could know any or all of them. He was with the Brazilian squad on the day of their friendly at Wembley in the summer (actually got to kick the ball about pre-match on the pitch), so he's clearly on nodding terms at least with most of them.

I bumped into Benny Leannartson at Bristol Airport yesterday afternoon, he was chatting to someone who looked alot like Steve Lansdown, anyhow when I approached Benny as he was buying a cap in the shop, he was happy to talk and told me the follwing..

"I have been approached by Lansdown who has offered to put me up in the Bristol Marriott hotel untill the end of season on the expenses from Bristol City FC, if at any point GJ leaves before the end of season then I wil be there to pick up the peices and bring in loads of new european players and if we stay up I shall throw my cap into the stands"

don't do that you Bas***d hehe, though SL did say last night he had a good amount of time left on his contract, hope he never leaves

EASYJET?! Giving a wage increase ;)

Archived