IGNORED

Train To Swindle

we8gas

thats the price my mate got for a return ticket, surely thats not right? id rather cycle there than pay that! Has anyone bought a train ticket yet?if so how much and have you got the phone number? cheers boys

Guest maxie

Interesting to note that a return ticket from Taunton to Swindon costs £25.00. However, if you bought a cheap day return from Taunton to Bristol TM and another from TM to Swindon, you would be paying £8.30 for the first leg and £10.50 for the second leg. This represents a saving of £6.20 on a straight-through ticket.

Guest Southville Red

£10.50 from Temple Meads. With trains on the hour and then 40 minutes past the hour what time are most planning to travel?

Interesting to note that a return ticket from Taunton to Swindon costs £25.00. However, if you bought a cheap day return from Taunton to Bristol TM and another from TM to Swindon, you would be paying £8.30 for the first leg and £10.50 for the second leg. This represents a saving of £6.20 on a straight-through ticket.
yeh i know very strange but i cant be doing with it so just paid 25quid

I'm a good boy orange juice for me :ph34r: yeh right!!!!!

what pub is everyone heading for!!!!

You should check that there are any pubs open, in previous years they have closed a lot for this fixture :ph34r: . I'm getting the train from Bridgwater, then going to the Weatherspoons near Temple Meads. Stay there ( as long as possible!!) and get a late train to Swindon. :wacko:

• Admin
You should check that there are any pubs open, in previous years they have closed a lot for this fixture :wacko: . I'm getting the train from Bridgwater, then going to the Weatherspoons near Temple Meads. Stay there ( as long as possible!!) and get a late train to Swindon.  :ph34r:

that's what we're doing this year. Since they knocked the pub by the station down, the nearest one we could get into last year was at least a 20 minute walk from the ground.

nope, he got a train from parkway to temple meads, then temple meads to swindle, return ticket

I bet we've swindled the prices as your going the long way from parkway - temple meads. if you'd of read the earlier post you'd know the journey's takin a magical mystery tour via avonmouth....

Archived