IGNORED

Russell Brand

94th Minute

I was having conversation with someone yesterday, and they were saying no matter how great I think russell brand is, the fact is that 95% of people think he's an annoying idiot.

So anyone who reads this thread, (I realise its going to be biased, because most people who can't stand him, won't click on here) Give a reply, so I can have some idea who's right.

Also, his podcast, of his radio 2 show is, in my opinion, great. What podcasts do other people download, whats worth listening to?

I'm going with the mrs.

I look at it this way, I never liked him untill C4's Xmas quiz last year. Him and Noel Fielding stole the show, while Carr sticks to his predictable abuse, Ross with his self obsessed brashness, and Wiallims was his boring self.

Brand's getting alot of stick right now because of his exposure, the same with any comedian. As soon as they hit a certain limit people hate them.

Also his performance at the Sleeping Policemans ball was class! The only person I find funnier is Al Murray.

Brand's getting alot of stick right now because of his exposure, the same with any comedian. As soon as they hit a certain limit people hate them.

Also his performance at the Sleeping Policemans ball was class! The only person I find funnier is Al Murray.

I'm not sure your theory stands up.

Peter Kaye, Al Murray and Jimmy Carr have more exposure and are all far funnier IMO.

Russell Brand just hasn't got anything to recommend him over hundreds of other comedians, I dislike him intensely because the only reason he gets gigs they don't is because he was a filthy smackhead.

BTW Jimmy Carr at the Colston Hall on 23rd January, tickets still on sale.

I'm not sure your theory stands up.

Of course it does. People have opinions Nibor, i certainly don't expect every one to have the same humour

Peter Kaye, Al Murray and Jimmy Carr have more exposure and are all far funnier IMO.

Peter Kaye Has hit a crest and is hardly seen now, Murray is it his peak and c4 aside Carr doesnt seem to be on that much. But still don't suppose theres many avenues open for a man who's whole act is based on put downs.

Russell Brand just hasn't got anything to recommend him over hundreds of other comedians, I dislike him intensely because the only reason he gets gigs they don't is because he was a filthy smackhead. Nonsense. He's had his break, fair play to him.

BTW Jimmy Carr at the Colston Hall on 23rd January, tickets still on sale. If I'm allowed to go to work on his face with a spot Welder i'll come

I'm not saying people all find the same thing funny, I'm saying that your idea that after a certain amount of exposure people hate them isn't quite right because they've all had more exposure and are far from hated.

Carr's act is all about put downs, true, but he's absolutely superb at them. It's like art. Watching him deal with a heckler has you almost feeling sorry for the heckler. But not quite.

Personally cant stand the bloke, although he has amused me at some of the things he has said.

Nibor, I'm not too sure if he does get extra work because he used to be a smackhead. I would have thought if anything, that would have gone against general TV companies so called 'image', especially if he's on Prime-Time with your Granny watching!!

I would say it probably has more to do with how he looks above most things, and the fact he's shagged loads of 'celebs' and loads of women love him cant hurt! Again, thats a matter of opinion.

Justin Lee Collins is still the funniest bloke on TV IMO, although I cant watch the Friday Night Project as I feel like killing Alan Carr whenever I see him.

Still cant beat the old stand-up classic comedians I reckon. Bill Hicks, Richard Prior, Chris Rock and Denis Leary are all amazing. :wub:

Probably about the response I was expecting.

Honestly though, if some of you downloaded his podcast, and gave it a listen, I'm sure at least one of you would change their mind.

Agreeing with one reply on here, I think that Big fat quiz of the year was the turning point for me, before that I thought he wasn't funny at all!

And Al Murray is awesome, I can't believe theres people who can't stand him (one of my flat mates)

I was having conversation with someone yesterday, and they were saying no matter how great I think russell brand is, the fact is that 95% of people think he's an annoying idiot.

So anyone who reads this thread, (I realise its going to be biased, because most people who can't stand him, won't click on here) Give a reply, so I can have some idea who's right.

Also, his podcast, of his radio 2 show is, in my opinion, great. What podcasts do other people download, whats worth listening to?

You must be 'aving a laugh ... or not! ;)

(besides, his uncle Jo is must funnier -although he(Jo) looks a bit like an overweight woman to me, anyone else noticed that? :) )

I have heard of him but can't picture him....... unless you showed me a picture in which case I might recognise him.

Do you know what ...... the older the older I get the less interested I get in the cult of personality.......

It's actually pretty cool, while not becoming my parents (totally impossible from a they created me aspect) I now totally understand certain perspectives regarding how they rate what is and what is not worth spending time on.

Hats of to Mum & Dad!

Turning to Chris Moylases.... we why would any nation spend time on this ...... maybe you have to be young and totally inexperienced?

I don't care that he is a big and overweight, I don't care that he is not exactly a looker but I do care that he has an ugly personality and the fact that he can spout off to the impressionable yooooooooof is a concern, despite the fact that he has nothing to say!

Maybe that is it. the cult of 'nothing to say really' might be the answer....... kids....... don't let yourselves down this bloke is a D.I.K.C.O Jockey spouting off 'Gob Candy' ... listen you're the kids now..... I was one of the kids then....... if you think I'm wrong please feel free to tell me why I'm not geting it...... but I'll tell you one thing I would never have given the bloke time when I was in my teens........ when I was younger I would have thought he was a ##### anyway and not spent anytime listening..... much the same as I feel now....... it's amazing how you tend to feel the same root feelings at 14 and 40+

I love getting older......... so much of the media and such is total 'never mind the' ... oh how my mind wonders...... maybe it was always that way but me thinks the lady do settle for far much less than she should :)

Revolution.... Bring It On!

He has his moments of drivel but every celeb does, he makes the most out of the talent he has, the way he looks probably puts a lot of people off before they listen to him.

Yes. I can't stand him but then again I've never given him much of a hearing because he comes across as annoying and strange. Not a good combination.

I'm going with the mrs.

I look at it this way, I never liked him untill C4's Xmas quiz last year. Him and Noel Fielding stole the show, while Carr sticks to his predictable abuse, Ross with his self obsessed brashness, and Wiallims was his boring self.

Yeh I based my opinion of him on that, but then last night there was his pondering programe on, and it was terrible, just some idiot going on and on about willys. Tripe. So no, he's a tool.

Noel Fiedling though is hilarious, the mighty boosh is well funny.

Pod casts - there's some very very good Karl Pilkington and Chris Morris ones

Yeh I based my opinion of him on that, but then last night there was his pondering programe on, and it was terrible, just some idiot going on and on about willys. Tripe. So no, he's a tool.

Noel Fiedling though is hilarious, the mighty boosh is well funny.

Pod casts - there's some very very good Karl Pilkington and Chris Morris ones

Got to admit, even though I'm unsure whether its put on abitm, some of Karl Pilkington is very funny.

Archived