IGNORED

Have Our Teams Finally Lost Hold Of Europe

Guest spudweiser30

Guest spudweiser30

over the last few seasons, all of our teams in europe seem to be losing more and more, i know teams are getting better all the time but it seems as though our sides arnt progressing as fast!!

I don't really care about that; its not as if it has much to do with football these days, is who has the largest cheque book.

Fat Cat Cup it should be called.

I'd have the Champs League dissolved and return to the old days of having ONE team from each country play on a knockout basis. You tell me what sort of CHAMPION is fourth -placed?????

Stupid; money-run competition designed to feed the rich and further erode the rest.

The champions of all domestic trophies should be entered into the Champions League - Premiership, F.A. Cup and The League Cup.

No second/third place finish in the Premiership should warrant you a place in the Champions League, because you are not the champions of anything are you!?

If a team was to say win all of the above competitions, then obviously there would be two places up for grabs. This would go to the runners up in both of the domestic cups.

In the unlikely event that the finalists in both the F.A. and League cup are the same two teams, then and only then should the second placed team in the Premiership be awarded a place in the Champions League.

Damn I should work on the Champions League committee :ph34r:

Guest realjet

To answer the original q.

I think it could be down to the standard of the premiership. I mean Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U rarely/if ever get given a run for their moneys so the lack of competetion has maybe affected the performances in the CL somehow :ph34r:

Begs the q. Is it (the prem) still one of the most competetive leagues in Europe - I mean we're seeing the same teams in the same Euro comps every year...

I agree with taz it should be for champions only. But that upsets the money grabbing whore clubs like Man U, Barca, Real, Arsenal. As they may not win something every year, so they won't get in. To ensure that they all get in they all threatened to walk so UEFA had to expand the competition, to prevent the greedy top clubs desroying europen football completely.

As for the standard of the PL, well mabye if the top 4 clubs didn't drain all the money out of english football then mabye there would be some competition.

The Prem has never been the most competitive league in Europe, the italian, spanish and German leagues have always been more competitive.

Archived