IGNORED

City Vs The Gas (skiving Students)

Br 1st ol

A little bit of sunshine and all students clearly abandon any lectures ( that most of us pay for by the way! ) and head for the seafront...

As I was passing by Southsea yesterday, on the way to a meeting (where should i win the work, 40% of the profit will be taking from me and given to these students) there were loads of impromptu jumpers for goal posts games, one featuring a Gas shirt vs a City Shirt...

Were you playing in that match, and who won?

(No offense meant to you hard working students by the way)

Guest east_dundry_red

Sorry but since when do students get money from the tax payer? Fair enouth if your parents earn veryy little you get a bit of help. For 3 years of uni life i wont be given a penny of taxpayers money.

Sorry but since when do students get money from the tax payer? Fair enouth if your parents earn veryy little you get a bit of help. For 3 years of uni life i wont be given a penny of taxpayers money.

I am the last to start an anti student campaign...I was one at exeter for 3 years and enjoyed it to the full...so any observations equally apply to me as well

of course students get the benefit of tax payers money.....your fees dont even touch the sides of the costs of your education...

..and dont forget NHS, police, fire, defence etc etc...all paid for at at least subsidised...

But as I said, I can't complain as I was a beneficiary....

well all i can say is thankyou to each and every tax payer (me included) for the number of student life reasons behind the fact that i havent had any sleep since i got up on Wednesday morning...!!

Both myself and the parents have the debt to show, that compared to the millions of smokers that cost the NHS millions each year (getting deep now!) i havent really cost anyone anything!!

Jumpers for goalposts, now i do rememeber that... Come on the boys!

Southsea, Portsmouth??

I was down there yesterday in my away (black) City shirt. Its absolutely stunning down here when the weather is nice, and as for the ladies phhhoooaaww!

Sadly, I wasn't playing football though. Was just lazing around drinking XXXX all day, so it wasn't me playing football.

When I lived right by the common on Southsea last year we played impromtu games of footy all the time. Its easily the best thing about Pompey, the common in the summer - football, bar-b-q's, the ladies and getting pxssed.

Yep...it was fantastic.....didnt see your shirt wrapped round a few beers, but as you say, plenty of the ladies! and that gas shirt!

You're spot on though.

First nice sunny day of the year and everyone can't be arsed to work/go to lectures (I have a fat piece of coursework to do) and heads straight for the common and it was absolutely rammed yesterday! It'll be the same today.

I''ve seen a couple of gasheads down on the common and played footy against one of them last year. Needless to say we won and I scored about 4 goals past him!

Interesting to find out who the City fan was though, I know 3/4 down here.

Anyway, back to that work I should've done yesterday!

well all i can say is thankyou to each and every tax payer (me included) for the number of student life reasons behind the fact that i havent had any sleep since i got up on Wednesday morning...!!

Both myself and the parents have the debt to show, that compared to the millions of smokers that cost the NHS millions each year (getting deep now!) i havent really cost anyone anything!!

Jumpers for goalposts, now i do rememeber that... Come on the boys!

Bling, whatever your opinion on smokers, don't ever say they cost the country money.

Its well known that the amount smokers contribute in direct taxation is massively more than they cost the NHS.

Bling, whatever your opinion on smokers, don't ever say they cost the country money.

Its well known that the amount smokers contribute in direct taxation is massively more than they cost the NHS.

my opinion is that i smoke! :P

I feel that what we pay for a packet in the shops is the tax that goes into the NHS and stuff - and the streetlights, and the roadworks etc!!

Just like us students are making ourselves (nowadays) well in debt to pay it off when we get the job, hopefully we want!

- i was using the smoking only as an example! :ph34r:

Now Petrol prices? whats up with that? 80p a litre?? U.S going on strike as theirs has reached 25p? Crazy! Petrol Strike?

Oh yeah this is the City Forum..... Come On the Boys!

Archived