IGNORED

Are You Guys Surprised By Earnshaw?

the_real_city

How can a player who has only played in the nationwide league (mainly divisions 3 and 2) manage to score 7 goals in 11 international appearances. That's right, appearances, not neccassarily starts. I know there's a few welsh bristol fans on here so id be glad to here your views, as well as other bristol fans. This guy, on goals per game over the last 3 years is probably the most prolific british striker. As you've seen a bit of him over the years, how do you think he does it, with the absence of top level experience.

Earnie's wales record:

Debut: Wales V Germany - Scores winner on debut as wales stun the team that would go on to participate in the World Cup final a month later.

Wales V Bosnia-Herzogivina - Earnie scores fabulous goal, back to goal, from egde of box, top corner.

Wales V Serbia and Montenegro - Earnie scores late HEADED consolation for Wales.

Wales V Scotland - Earnshaw, in his first start, scores a maginificent Hat-trick as the scots are introduces to Robert Earnshaw.

Hungary V Wales - In a tight encounter, the prolific striker makes most of a defensive mix, scoring against the resilient hungarians.

Just after your thoughts. Do you think he can make it at the top. Do you think hes probably the biggest revelation in the football league in recent times? Thanks for your time. Up the reds!

Guest spudweiser30

i think if he played in the premiership he'd be a hit and miss player, he has international experience which would probably help him a lot at the top level, but not sure if he would be able to put out constant high quality performances

Earshaw has two factors counting in his favour; one personal and one incidental. On the personal front he's hungry for success and has yet to be corrupted by the Premiership. On the incidental front he is playing in a national team that is probably the best its ever been; if he had been around a few year ago he'd've struggled, but he is playing in a team that believes in itself and has a passionate and motivational manager at the helm.

Guest realjet

I think the fact he's not a top-level player (ie. playing at the top level - the prem) takes some of the pressure and expectation off.

I'd like to see him given a shot in the prem though, he could really help out some of the lower clubs with his finishing

Archived