IGNORED

Robins Too Strong For Canaries

edson

City did fantastically well to come back this afternoon, after conceding such a needless equaliser. But we have a team made of strong stuff these days, and a setback is merely a new challenge.

Match Report

Great stuff from City today, both on the pitch and in the stand. How loud was that tannoy!? :city:

I said they were trying to drown us out pre kick-off.

I've spoken to a few Norwich fans this morning, and they tell me it's that loud in all the stands every week.

Some of them have even complained about it, but nothing's been done.

Good report but I really disagree with Noble's rating. For me he was MOM- he never gave the ball away, set up so many attacks for us and was at the heart early everything good we did.

I wouldn't mark him down for 2 poor long range efforts.

Interesting. I felt he did fairly well, but Byfield was very isolated for a lot of the game, which I put down to Noble not linking with him as well as he did in the previous game.

I couldn't really say he was involved in everything good we did, as I don't think he was involved in any of the goals. I could be wrong on that though, as I can't remember who supplied Trundle.

Interesting. I felt he did fairly well, but Byfield was very isolated for a lot of the game, which I put down to Noble not linking with him as well as he did in the previous game.

I couldn't really say he was involved in everything good we did, as I don't think he was involved in any of the goals. I could be wrong on that though, as I can't remember who supplied Trundle.

I just can't remember him giving the ball away all game in fact.

You are probably right about the goals- but I also felt Byfield did well upfront on his own.

I just can't remember him giving the ball away all game in fact.

You are probably right about the goals- but I also felt Byfield did well upfront on his own.

Yeah, Byfield did fairly well with the little he had to work with, but I just felt he and Noble didn't combine to hurt the opposition as much as I'd have liked.

Retention of possession was generally excellent after we went 1-0 up though. And the fact we were able to kick on a couple of gears when we did throw away the lead showed we can up it if we need to.

Yeah, Byfield did fairly well with the little he had to work with, but I just felt he and Noble didn't combine to hurt the opposition as much as I'd have liked.

Retention of possession was generally excellent after we went 1-0 up though. And the fact we were able to kick on a couple of gears when we did throw away the lead showed we can up it if we need to.

Away from home I think it is a lot harder to hurt the oppoisiton with 4-5-1. 2nd half we did very well at it though.

I left the game thinking Noble was MOM but I think the main thing was the players attitude and belief that got us through.

Away from home I think it is a lot harder to hurt the oppoisiton with 4-5-1. 2nd half we did very well at it though.

I left the game thinking Noble was MOM but I think the main thing was the players attitude and belief that got us through.

On that we can most definitely agree.

The belief that the game was still there to be won after Norwich equalised was exceptional. It was as though we'd settled for a 1-0 win, but as soon as they scored we thought 'Ok, we'll go and get another, then.'

The bond between the team and the fans is also stronger than anything I can remember. It's hard to put into words, but it's as though we're one group of people, but the ones in the shirts happen to play, while we support.

Great stuff.

Interesting comment you make regarding the use of 4-4-1-1 there Alex, why do you say that after seeing it at Norwich?

Interesting comment you make regarding the use of 4-4-1-1 there Alex, why do you say that after seeing it at Norwich?

Because normally away from home you have soak up a lot of pressure and rely on your midfielders getting forward to help out the front man. In the first half this is what happened at Norwich but 2nd half we came at them and McIndoe was in the box- the first time we seemed to have more just Byfield in there when we scored.

I'm not saying 4-5-1 is bad but I think away from home you have to be more clinical and for that reason it is harder to play 4-5-1 and expect 3 points. At home, we are the ones doing the pressing and more players can get into the box.

I seem to be the only one who though Noble ws MOM! Ah well!

Archived