IGNORED

Saints

Mr Gow

Not sure why we agreed to move this game, Barnsley and Hull both played yesterday and will play each other tomorrow night, 1 day rest.

Why give Southampton a helping hand in time to recover etc?

• Admin
Not sure why we agreed to move this game, Barnsley and Hull both played yesterday and will play each other tomorrow night, 1 day rest.

Why give Southampton a helping hand in time to recover etc?

The difference there is that both Barnsley & Hull have equal recovery time.

The difference there is that both Barnsley & Hull have equal recovery time.

But, if they can both play with only one day's rest, surely Southampton could have played with two day's rest, to get the game moved, we would of had to agree to it, giving them more time to recover from the Cardiff game.

Southampton are currently struggling with injuries, especially their back four, so if this extra day could give them that little bit of time to get their players ready, it could mean dropped points for us.

I know all this was agreed months ago and even so, with many people expecting us to be struggling at the other end of the table, any advantage we could gain over any opposition would be a great help and that even comkes into affect now as people start dreaming of another promotion.

Personally, the way I see it, we are 11 points clear of the relegation zone and the more help we can get to stay away from that zone, the better.

Southampton were expected to be one of the top dogs in this division, so again, we would need all the help we can get.

Sorry to ramble on but I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

Archived