IGNORED

Bristol Boy

Henry

He hasn't been banned no.

He was unhappy at other match reviews being posted on OTIB such as the ones on Rivals & Club Fanzine. His view was why should they be on here as they weren't benifical to the ST. Sadly I, and the rest of the admin/mods didn't really agree with this agrument as OTIB is self funded and no ST money/funds are used to pay for it.

As a result I believe Ian has therefore decided he won't be posting the link to his reports on here anymore.

so he's having a hissy fit then.

I just want to say well said Tom, agree or disagree with his views, he very much has an view that his opinions should be treated as gospel and his view is more important than everyone elses, totally agree with your and other mods stance on this.

on a side note, I actually liked Huw's review on the Norwich game thought it was a very good and accurate review.

That's a shame, I enjoyed reading his match reports, well written and accurate from a 'fans' view.

I don't view the subbers site so hope other reports are available. It seems a shame that his input will only be viewed by a much smaller audience.

He was unhappy at other match reviews being posted on OTIB such as the ones on Rivals & Club Fanzine. His view was why should they be on here as they weren't benifical to the ST. Sadly I, and the rest of the admin/mods didn't really agree with this agrument as OTIB is self funded and no ST money/funds are used to pay for it.

As a result I believe Ian has therefore decided he won't be posting the link to his reports on here anymore.

Oh dear..it's my ball etc...etc...etc...!!!

Has he been banned? I ask this as I see he has posted his R+R over on the subbers site and said thats where they will be from now on.

It's all happening on Subcider :innocent06:

Yet another coup for the subbers site. Look below - I've made a few exceedingly delightful and beautiful signings for my Subcider Red Goblin corner - more than enough bed warmers for my goodself :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf: ......

wickerman1ir0.jpg

Sounds a bit playground to me. There is enough room for everyone I reckon...

I like Huw's reports, and I like Sipowicz and the rivals stuff, but Bristol Boys was the must read for the week. However, was competition getting too tough for Bristol Boy?

I also reckon, even though I am a member of the ST, clicking through to BB's match report is the only time I visit the ST website and then have a quick browse to see whats going on whilst I'm there.

Seems a shame they wont be posted on here, as the well written reports really do make him such a great poster on OTIB - plus it may have a negative affect on the number of visitors to the ST website.

• SC&T Board Members

Are you sure you are right about the funding of OTIB, Tom?

BB's Norwich report is available on the ST site as well at: BB's Norwich report and ratings

Publishing articles for fans to read is about driving traffic to sites but the most important thing is that these articles are an interesting read and help add to the experience of following City. With that in mind it should be as easy as possible for all fans to access these articles whichever site they reside on. In my opinion.

Shame Ian's review isnt on a thread here seems a little perverse that I can see the opposition's reviews thanks to someone cutting and pasting a link and 2 other city oriented views of the match (btw the one where I have to register - not letting people see the review unless they sign up means that people wont sign up - I havent - and a waste of an oppertunity as to whether I woud want to sign up).

It's a shame the ST's review on a match is not represented on the best city forum going - ah well - I suppose Ian has his reasons and the loss of traffic to the ST site is less important than his own reasoning. A few more clicks on my mouse isnt going to stop me finding his review.

I'm sure Ian has a few comments to make on this and as he says over to you...

So let me get this straight? just beacuse other match reports are there to read, aswell as his, he has chucked his toys out the pram. You got to laugh really.

Won't miss him to much. Made some valid points. But some of his posts came across as if he thought his views counted more than others.

agree with others, won't miss him, very much thought that this was HIS FORUM and because he posted more than anyone else his views counted more than others

as for him throwing his toys out the pram, PATHETIC! you can only laugh or cry

what next would he have complained about? people giving links to match reports in the national press and the evening post!

well done to tom and the mods on this issue, who does BB think he is?

So let me get this straight? just beacuse other match reports are there to read, aswell as his, he has chucked his toys out the pram. You got to laugh really.

Won't miss him to much. Made some valid points. But some of his posts came across as if he thought his views counted more than others.

How much that reminds me of Steve Phillips!

Nope. Me neither. At least all the threads about tickets etc wont be acres long from his essay's every post that make a point, then contradict, then contradict that aagin and ends up confusing people and, probably, himself.

There are a lot more people like that on here to be honest :innocent06:

I will miss BB posts for sure. Let's not jump to conclusions, I am sure he will be back soon! Don't want to lose the "characters" on here as it adds a bit of spice.....al la Ashtonyate

Living in Canada and being a world subsriber I really appreciate Bristols Boys efforts in his match reports. I can attend on average 1 or 2 games a season so for me BB's match reports are quality and a must read.

I see the report is on the ST website which is good for me. keep up the good work BB. .. :englandsmile4wf:

The point is BB's articles benefit the Supporterts trust and would help them attract sponsors via the amount of hits generated. Thats a valid point as OTIB can still link back to the Supporters trust site without copying reports.

Can't see what the problem is myself unless i have that wrong :surrender:

If he really cared about the ST, then why throw his toys out the pram and post it on the subbers, where there is alot less exposure?

The point is BB's articles benefit the Supporterts trust and would help them attract sponsors via the amount of hits generated. Thats a valid point as OTIB can still link back to the Supporters trust site without copying reports.

Can't see what the problem is myself unless i have that wrong :surrender:

I doubt the economics of scale work here, it's likely to be negligible, in pence at most. With so much easily available and wide choice of advertising available to businesses online they pay peanuts per one thousand hits and I really do mean peanuts.

I'd have thought the main benefit to the ST was as you say getting visitors to their site, therefore hopefully read news of interest and updates from the ST. That there hasn't been any such updates for months is a shame, it's become just another football reporting website. I'm sure that wasn't what the site was originally set up for?

I doubt the economics of scale work here, it's likely to be negligible, in pence at most. With so much easily available and wide choice of advertising available to businesses online they pay peanuts per one thousand hits and I really do mean peanuts.

I'd have thought the main benefit to the ST was as you say getting visitors to their site, therefore hopefully read news of interest and updates from the ST. That there hasn't been any such updates for months is a shame, it's become just another football reporting website. I'm sure that wasn't what the site was originally set up for?

But it would still potentially increase hits which is attractive to advertisers?

Archived