IGNORED

Sell Out.

Brizred

Just bought tickets for Saints game, was lucky to get 2 seats next to each other, could be 18000+ crowd especially if potd take up is good. Over to you!!!

I bought my tickets online yesterday for the Southampton and Sjoke games. :winner_third_h4h:

Bring on the City !!!!! :clapping:

If we cant beat the opening day attendance now after such an amazing start we never will.

Its time the floating fans started back the boys, this is the best football and position weve been in for a very very long time and we are getting less than when we played the likes of Yeovil last season.

Great chance of best attendance so far, especially with them bringing up to 2500.

If we do get a sellout it'll be great.

More likely though is around 17k, which isn't really that special at all if 3k are Southampton fans.

Given the unexpectedly good start and the fantastic form the team are in I can't really see how anyone can be pleased by the sort of home gates we're getting, I hope the club do something to improve them.

think Wednesday will be the highest attendance of the season after the QPR game,

v QPR 18228. 1944 away fans. They'll be bringing about 2500, plus a few strappers coming down to watch from local non-league football. you could be right.

Nibor

One would have hoped providing a team second in the table playing attractive football would have been enough!!

I'd agree but it didn't prove enough in other games, WBA was a similarly attractive fixture and we only got 16.5k.

Perhaps the club overestimated just how much people are able to pay to watch football.

When we hit the 17,000 mark, there are a lot of seats that are harder to sell to floating supporters.

Issues such as segregation, steel posts in the Williams, restricted views in the Atyeo behind disabled shelters and handrails, open to the rain in the Atyeo and lower Dolman, and an area that fills with nob heads in block F of the Dolman that I will never sit in again.

If we had a big new stand we would easily get more than 20,000 for games like QPR and Southampton.

When we hit the 17,000 mark, there are a lot of seats that are harder to sell to floating supporters.

Issues such as segregation, steel posts in the Williams, restricted views in the Atyeo behind disabled shelters and handrails, open to the rain in the Atyeo and lower Dolman, and an area that fills with nob heads in block F of the Dolman that I will never sit in again.

If we had a big new stand we would easily get more than 20,000 for games like QPR and Southampton.

What did the knobheads in Dolman block F do?

What did the knobheads in Dolman block F do?

I made the mistake of buying tickets for the lower Dolman (block N) for the Notts Forest match last season. Great game and an excellent view except an increasing number of 'supporters' decided to leave their seats and congregate in the corner where they could abuse the away fans. The stewards and police sent them back into the stand except they refused to take their correct seats. When we equalised they all started jumping around and as a result of the steep angle of the rows, one fell forwards onto me. I fell into an empty seat in front, catching my face on the back of another seat. If I had fallen onto a kid, I dread to think what would have happened to him/her (I'm 14.5 stone).

When we sell a lot of tickets to away fans (like Southampton) then the knobheads will congregate in that corner. They aren't there for the football, they just want aggro with stewards, police and the opposition fans. Big tough men who are brave enough to "have a go" as long as there are two barriers and a line of stewards in the way.........

Incidentally the only other time I have been assaulted at a football match was at Swindon. Another group of brave boys who didn't get into the game and thought I was a Swindon Fan as I crossed the car park on the stroke of full time. Six of them against me, they must have been proud of their bravery.

Anyway to stay on topic, if the only seats left for Wednesday were in Block N of the lower Dolman then I would miss the game.

You have hit the nail on the head - if we had a capacity of say, 25,000 we would easily hit over 20,000 for the likes of Southampton and Stoke. Having a capacity of only 19,000 (with segragation taking out 2,000 seats) means that fans who want to go to the Southampton game who don't spend their precious time trawling around this forum, will probably have no idea if the game is sold out or what chances they have of getting a ticket on the night. As you say the prospect of getting a crappy seat does not help.

So the club may be faced with the prospect of making it all-ticket if they have reached 18,000 sales and risk losing money. Or they could allow POTD but risk 1,000 people turning up at the ground who have to be turned away, possibly never to return. :tv_horror:

I wonder if the decision to delay the re-development of the east end (which should have been completed in the sumer of 2006) is now causing major headaches. For the last 8 years the infrastructure of the club has always been a league ahead of the actual football team (despite all the moans justified or not) but now the team's performance is fast outstripping the off-field performance and facilities, and the ground issue is already costing us dear.

To quote a lot of people on this forum

"No no never...not at those prices...big mistake by board,...big mistake..."

dad u gt a point there though those prices are getting ridiculous because were getting less attendances because of the prices going up and people cant afford it . its probs to pay for trunds game payment :laugh::city:

I wonder if the decision to delay the re-development of the east end (which should have been completed in the sumer of 2006) is now causing major headaches. For the last 8 years the infrastructure of the club has always been a league ahead of the actual football team (despite all the moans justified or not) but now the team's performance is fast outstripping the off-field performance and facilities, and the ground issue is already costing us dear.

If we were propping up the division then we would be back down to lower average gates and the issue of ground redevelopment wouldn't look as pressing.

The longer we stay in the top half of the table, the more revenue we will be losing out on. As you say, the practical capacity of Ashton Gate is much lower than the quoted number of seats.

There is discussion in another thread about comparisons of the size of our club against Bolton and whether Gary Johnson would leave us to join them. I find it fascinating that at a time when we are near the top of the Championship, Bolton and Derby are propping up the Premier League. We were relegated from the old top division with these two teams in 1980. At the time we were definitely a comparable size team. Nowadays their fan base is bigger than ours (from smaller catchments). The difference is that they both got new stadiums and then built success.

We have a very old and tired stadium and I think we are currently "punching above our weight" with recent results. The decision to redevelop Ashton Gate should have been made towards to the end of Scott Davidson's chairmanship (he was suitably ambitous). We are currently paying a price for having a ground that could sell more seats but reaches realsitic capacity around 18,000.

Tickets still for sale online..

u sure?... going to have another look right now.. be back with an update. thanks.

Cynic... you are absolutely right.. now purchased many thanks... BUT... what is weird is that by logging in as I normally do the screen changed to one showing a complete sell out. by starting again and NOT logging in i managed to buy tickets... obviously some glitch in the system but a very annoying one. Had I not received your message I would probably have wasted time on the phone tomorrow morning so many thanks again. :)

Archived