IGNORED

Johnson The Man With The Plan

CityCiderEd

Every result we get, every time we are mentioned as a club, they have to mention Gary Johnson's name, and rightly so!

I just wish they wouldn't, because I want him at the club for LIFE, and if we carry on as we have been, he might be lured away to the prem or a sheffield united or something. I know we still have a lot to achieve, and theres more we can do with him at the helm, something he couldn't do at yeovil as he took them as far as he could. I know I'm just being paranoid probably, matter of fact i'll stub out that funny fag right now. :city: :city:

Give him the key to the City!

Don't panic just yet! Johnson is settled in the West and he looks as if he is really enjoying the job.

He gets support from the chairman and is allowed to have pretty much full control of the club. In fact, jobs like the one he has, with the amount of power hungry chairman out there - is a good one! Plus, the Millen, Johnson, Lansdown relationship seems strong.

As long as he is paid well and backed in the market, I think he enjoys the challenge as we grow. However, if Boothroyd got the poke, then I would be very worried...

Give him the key to the City!

Don't panic just yet! Johnson is settled in the West and he looks as if he is really enjoying the job.

He gets support from the chairman and is allowed to have pretty much full control of the club. In fact, jobs like the one he has, with the amount of power hungry chairman out there - is a good one! Plus, the Millen, Johnson, Lansdown relationship seems strong.

As long as he is paid well and backed in the market, I think he enjoys the challenge as we grow. However, if Boothroyd got the poke, then I would be very worried...

Agree with all your comments, but do you think he'd take on Watford? I know he's got history with them and said he'd only leave Yeovil for 2 or 3 clubs (Watford being one of them, i presume) but they're a similar size club to us (15,000 gate last saturday). After establishing ourselves in this league the next stage would be to become a 'yo yo' club as Watford are now. I just wonder if GJ's ambition would be higher than Watford.

I am reading a magazine (south west business insider) and not only does it have an interview with SL, but also has him in the regions rich list with a fortune of £370 million (the same as his biz partner Mr Hargreaves)

Good club, honest players, supportive rich chairman, decent ground, good assistant, no house move required. why leave?

He may go for watford if they were up in the prem already and struggling with a a chance of recovery I reckon, but that wont be this season.

Or his boyhood club - whoever that was?

Gary Johnson has been a revalation since he joined this club. I am in total admiration of everything that he has done so far, culminating this weekend in a stunning win at Norwich.

Not only has he installed a cracking spirit within the club and signed a whole list of quality players for next to nothing. The best thing he has done is install a style of football we're all proud of. Passing football coupled with a buring desire to succeed, got to be win win for all of us hey??

Gary Johnson is well on the way to becoming my footballing hero... :fingerscrossed:

I reckon he'll stick about and take the Club as far as he thinks he can - which is imo a bloody long way and then be rewarded with a similar challange as what we were but a level higher. A Club he feels he can mould in his own image such as birmingham City (for example).

He's good because he knows the crack. The press, the fans and all else and sundry can say what they want and he just says either ''well that's very kind of you to say so but...'' or (as was in the case during that 9 game run when the short sighted amongst us were spouting our usual tosh) ''well, bollox to the ##### lot of you then'' only slightly more diplomatically. He is a very strong character and I have an awful lot of respect for him.

Gary Sinatra - I did it My Way.

You only know that when Gary Johnson decides to move on he'll probably be scorned by our ungreatful and fickle few. Hey-ho.

Archived