IGNORED

Will They Come Back?

rockin-robin

First off, well done to the City boys and everyone associated with BCFC last night. Should have been more than 2-0 up at half time, and it showed how important Carey is to the team in the second half, but well done for sticking in there and taking all 3 points.

However, and to the topic of the post, 18,400 is an excellent gate for the City, but it was clearly evident that a lot of people around me were not regular attendee's at AG. Some of the comments being blasted around me were quite frankly laughable, and to someone who has even the smallest knowledge of Bristol City Football Club would cassify it as almost cringe worthy.

Having said that, and with a fantastic first half performance, but a below par second half, have city done enough to make these people return on Saturday and when City hit a sticky patch this season? I somehow don't think they will, and I know how subjective the Bristol public can be.

Will be intersting to see the gates following this game, and whether City have adopted anymore Ciderheads or just a few more HANG-ON-ERS!

It was a good crowd.

I think there were just over 3k Southampton so that probably means a couple of thousand City fans that aren't regulars so much.

It was an exciting game and we're flying, hopefully they will be back on Saturday.

[/quo

not quite mate there were 2600 sotton fans there. so more hangers on then it seems!

Some of the comments being blasted around me were quite frankly laughable, and to someone who has even the smallest knowledge of Bristol City Football Club would cassify it as almost cringe worthy.

I know what you mean. When I hear a hanger-on pipe up to his mates something like "Its a shame Wilkshire is injured cos would have liked to see him play tonight" (which I heard someone say at the West Brom game) - I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

I would be interested to know the little gems anyones heard from fair-weather fans.

I know what you mean. When I hear a hanger-on pipe up to his mates something like "Its a shame Wilkshire is injured cos would have liked to see him play tonight" (which I heard someone say at the West Brom game) - I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

I would be interested to know the little gems anyones heard from fair-weather fans.

Why is Brooker not in the team......a classic that I heard on Wednesday!!!

Haha! Quality - especially the "who is he never seen him before". I have heard people say that about the likes of Bradley Orr who has been in and out of the team for years.

I just wonder if there mates who are sat with them cry into there hands when they know all the people sat round them must have heard it as well.

i understand what u mean, however i enjoy bringing friends who don't come very often to see matches. 2 of which have now started coming more and more often. hopefully if we keep playing good football theyll become fully fledged fans soon, thus increasing gates etc. however if one pipes up with a stupid comment a quick kick usually shuts them up!

Not a silly quote about City, but how many people who sit around you don't actually know the rules of the game? I do find it funny. Someone close to me on Wednesday night was screaming blue murder at the linesman for not giving off side from a throw in!

Guys n Gals

If these people are saying the things like "why iosnt brooker playing, who's he ect ect" then yes, they probably are new to AG - so what? We need these fans to come back, so why mock them? I'm sure each one has a good reason for not being able to go every home match, and these days with prices as high as they are, people do have to pick and choose their games. Allot of the "new" crowd also probably have other comitments on a saturday, football, kids, wife, work ect ect so come on guys, don't be hard on them.

Attendance today? Tough one! I think stoke will bring 15-1700 in a crowd of just over 15,000

Guys n Gals

If these people are saying the things like "why iosnt brooker playing, who's he ect ect" then yes, they probably are new to AG - so what? We need these fans to come back, so why mock them? I'm sure each one has a good reason for not being able to go every home match, and these days with prices as high as they are, people do have to pick and choose their games. Allot of the "new" crowd also probably have other comitments on a saturday, football, kids, wife, work ect ect so come on guys, don't be hard on them.

Attendance today? Tough one! I think stoke will bring 15-1700 in a crowd of just over 15,000

Totally agreed!!! If we keep our form/results up by christmas, these people might by half season tickets!!! which is good for us and the club.

Guys n Gals

Come off it! I agree a percentage probably cant make every saturday and so will cut them a little slack - but how many people do we all know that call themselves "city fans" when they would rather do other stuff on a saturday. I have a wife, kid AND work saturdays (mornings)! Yet have still been a season ticket holder for 7 years. It's only 23 saturdays a year and if they can afford to pick and choose half the games now why couldnt they afford them for the last 5 years when our gates have been much lower??

I know at least 3 "city fans" who live within 15 miles of AG, live at home with there parents and work Mon-Fri. Yet have only moaned about not being able to afford tickets this season cos they have only now actually started attending!! If all the "big-game Charlie's" were looking to buy POTD tickets last year they probably would have moaned as well - but as this is the first season they have all turned out again its only now we have the moan about ticket pricing.

Like every City fan I would love to see 15,000 ST Holders next season, and if all those only buying tickets for big games became converts then job done. But I doubt many of them will be here if (the worst happens) and we end up in a relegation dog-fight. That's why I see fit to mock them. I never heard comments like "who's he" when Tin's was in charge and we were struggling a bit... wonder why? Cos' only the real fans turned up!

If you cant make every saturday, and you are genuinely interested, surely the advent of Internet/sky/teletext/newspaper offers enough information to still follow City??????????

Come off it! I agree a percentage probably cant make every saturday and so will cut them a little slack - but how many people do we all know that call themselves "city fans" when they would rather do other stuff on a saturday. I have a wife, kid AND work saturdays (mornings)! Yet have still been a season ticket holder for 7 years. It's only 23 saturdays a year and if they can afford to pick and choose half the games now why couldnt they afford them for the last 5 years when our gates have been much lower??

I know at least 3 "city fans" who live within 15 miles of AG, live at home with there parents and work Mon-Fri. Yet have only moaned about not being able to afford tickets this season cos they have only now actually started attending!! If all the "big-game Charlie's" were looking to buy POTD tickets last year they probably would have moaned as well - but as this is the first season they have all turned out again its only now we have the moan about ticket pricing.

Like every City fan I would love to see 15,000 ST Holders next season, and if all those only buying tickets for big games became converts then job done. But I doubt many of them will be here if (the worst happens) and we end up in a relegation dog-fight. That's why I see fit to mock them. I never heard comments like "who's he" when Tin's was in charge and we were struggling a bit... wonder why? Cos' only the real fans turned up!

If you cant make every saturday, and you are genuinely interested, surely the advent of Internet/sky/teletext/newspaper offers enough information to still follow City??????????

Spot on mate. I agree that it is nice to get bigger gates, but as you say, there is very little chance that they would be there if we were suddenly struggling. I also believe that bigger gates doesn't necessarily mean a better atmosphere.

I have been a season ticket holder for eleven years and followed City home and away for around 20. My wife is due to give birth next June and I will not be getting a season ticket next season because of this. Partly because of the cost but more so because I want to spend time with my child. Does this make me a hanger on if I pick the more 'high profile' home games and also half a dozen away?! NO! I am a City fan through and through and will be to my dying day. Get over yourself with the I'm a bigger fan than you crap, it's starting to get boring. :bored:

I have been a season ticket holder for eleven years and followed City home and away for around 20. My wife is due to give birth next June and I will not be getting a season ticket next season because of this. Partly because of the cost but more so because I want to spend time with my child. Does this make me a hanger on if I pick the more 'high profile' home games and also half a dozen away?! NO! I am a City fan through and through and will be to my dying day. Get over yourself with the I'm a bigger fan than you crap, it's starting to get boring. :bored:

I can only assume you havn't bothered to read the rest of the post. What I said was that fans who don't know even the basics about the team but call themselves 'fans' are the hanger-ons; especially as you don't NEED TO BE A ST HOLDER TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE TEAM. There are weekly match reports in the Evening Post, an Internet website, Sky Sports News, Teletext... your wife may be having a baby but if you cant be arsed to check up every so often on how "your team" are doing then yes - I would class you as a hanger on.

If, on the other hand, you will continue to follow our results should we be in the Conference or the Premiership then well done to you and you're not a hanger on.

Archived