IGNORED

Crowd Last Night

City Ben

And yet, dare I say it, the atmosphere was crap!

Stood outside the williams waiting to getting the turnstile as the players ran on the pitch could not hear the crowd at all. Could hear a lot from the Eastend though, which i will presume was southampton fans.

I was expecting only about 13000 as i walked in judging by the noise, not an almost full house.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the atmosphere (although the chap on Sky seemed relatively impressed towards the end - comments that we were cheering the boys on etc), but I was just quite taken aback with the crowd. From what I've been reading on here recently, everyone is on the verge of boycotting games over the price of tickets. I was expecting 15,000 tops. Over 18,000 was, I thought, great.

I guess we'll be able to tell on Saturday whether or not the fiver off makes a big impact on the Stoke attendance.

3k+ Southampton.

9,600 ST holders.

5k POTD give or take a couple of hundred.

Bear in mind that against most sides that would be far lower as most sides won't bring 3,000 fans - a similar home support on Saturday will be probably give us a crowd approaching 16k.

That's still a decent gate and about 1k higher than I thought it would be though, long may it continue.

Given that our ground is supposed to hold 21,000+, where on earth were the 3,000 empty seats?

Segregation in the EE must have used up 1,000 seats max, but apart from that the ground seemed full. Even Atyeo A Block, although I'm not sure what that was all about with a load of them turning up after 30 mins!

Given that our ground is supposed to hold 21,000+, where on earth were the 3,000 empty seats?

Segregation in the EE must have used up 1,000 seats max, but apart from that the ground seemed full. Even Atyeo A Block, although I'm not sure what that was all about with a load of them turning up after 30 mins!

for football the attedance is actually 19500.

for football the attedance is actually 19500.

And I think the actual capacity is lower than 21.5k too these days.

We lost some seats to creating the Premier club, there are some we can't/don't sell due to poor visibility.

For football we lose a fair few to segregation - either side of the away fans.

It's also hard to see dotted empty seats but if there's only one per row that adds up to alot and even when a stand looks full there are normally odd seats empty.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the atmosphere (although the chap on Sky seemed relatively impressed towards the end - comments that we were cheering the boys on etc), but I was just quite taken aback with the crowd. From what I've been reading on here recently, everyone is on the verge of boycotting games over the price of tickets. I was expecting 15,000 tops. Over 18,000 was, I thought, great.

I guess we'll be able to tell on Saturday whether or not the fiver off makes a big impact on the Stoke attendance.

Not there either, so can only go on what I heard via the radio commentary: but, it did sound rather flat compared to previous matches I have listened to. My roving reporting in the Ateyo commented the same to me.

No idea why that might be.

3k+ Southampton.

9,600 ST holders.

Bear in mind that against most sides that would be far lower as most sides won't bring 3,000 fans - a similar home support on Saturday will be probably give us a crowd approaching 16k.

That's still a decent gate and about 1k higher than I thought it would be though, long may it continue.

Potd, Non-league players boosting the numbers? I saw many who play on saturdays there last night.

Potd, Non-league players boosting the numbers? I saw many who play on saturdays there last night.

It's possible. The thing with how we count the attendance is that the ST holders who can't make weeknights and don't show are still counted, so it may be slightly misleading.

I'd hope we get over 16k on Saturday if Stoke bring 1,000 but if there were many amateur footballers there last night it might be lower.

Not there either, so can only go on what I heard via the radio commentary: but, it did sound rather flat compared to previous matches I have listened to. My roving reporting in the Ateyo commented the same to me.

No idea why that might be.

I was told that the East End support was favourably commented upon during the Radio Bristol coverage...

The answer lies in the East End. There are over 5,600 seats, including the unused seating at the side near the entrance. There were 2,600 Saints fans and, and at tops 800 City fans who from the Dolman Stand looked crammed in. The appearance of the City section was totally different from the Saints section,where many spare seats were visible and probably very few fans towards the back

of the stand where the view is abysmal.

This gives approx. 2,200 empty seats in the East End even though it looked fairly full. Add a few hundred empty seats dotted around the ground (and there were certainly some in the Williams and Prem seating) and that takes you up to whatever the total no. of seats is these days, just under 21,000 .

3k+ Southampton.

9,600 ST holders.

stoke will bring at least 2000

fair shout, I know a few younger lads who train on a tuesday and play on a saturday who were going last night, needless to say they are loving the wednesday games and the late saturday kick offs!

fair shout, I know a few younger lads who train on a tuesday and play on a saturday who were going last night, needless to say they are loving the wednesday games and the late saturday kick offs!

My local Western league side train on tues & thurs so the City fans among them were down the Gate for the first time this season, i know some people on this forum don't think it affects the gate but when City (or sags) get to a final & take 35-40,000 fans a lot of that number are made up from the amateur scene who are otherwise playing.

And yet, dare I say it, the atmosphere was crap!

Stood outside the williams waiting to getting the turnstile as the players ran on the pitch could not hear the crowd at all. Could hear a lot from the Eastend though, which i will presume was southampton fans.

I was expecting only about 13000 as i walked in judging by the noise, not an almost full house.

Here here well said that man. Yes the atmoshere was crap. I was wondering if i was at a 2nd placed club in the championship game.

The atmosphere was as dull as ditch water.

The Southampton fans put all the Bristol City fans to shame. They cheered there team on all 90 min's.

The best chant they came out was the "Roziack" chant which i thought was a great listen. It's a shame Bristol city fans could not be the same at Ashton Gate on home games.

Here here well said that man. Yes the atmoshere was crap. I was wondering if i was at a 2nd placed club in the championship game.

The atmosphere was as dull as ditch water.

The Southampton fans put all the Bristol City fans to shame. They cheered there team on all 90 min's.

The best chant they came out was the "Roziack" chant which i thought was a great listen. It's a shame Bristol city fans could not be the same at Ashton Gate on home games.

depends where you are mate , the atmosphere in the EE was FANtastic and the banter between the supporters was excellent, just can't fault it.

Archived