IGNORED

Wdp Post/thread Moved To Non Football Forum !

Mr Mosquito

The forum Police have moved the post below, with all its replies, to the non football forum :ph34r: ........

I've just finished reading today's Western Daily Press (April 1st 2004) and featured on the back page - lo and behold!!!!! - Ian Hollowhead and Geoff Dungford.

Dungford is probably the bigger fool after admitting pumping £400,000 of the Dungford fortune into the Gas just to keep the Gas in the football league last season

The other fool, Ian Hollowhead, still maintains he is a staunch Gashead and reckons he won't even listen to the City fans this Saturday It's now up to us to create an intimidating atmosphere for Hollowhead, big head Bigknob and the hoards of blue hooped Monarchist Cockneys.

Up the City

Fancy that, yet another repeat of the Cromwellian blathering, just in case we hadn't heard it all before, moved to the non-football forum. I honestly can't think why.

Cromwell was a hypocrite anyway. No better thean the monarchy he deposed. Still, it was a hollow victory destined to last just 2 years beyond his death anyway.

Stolen from the Beeb...

The Rump Parliament was defeated in another dissolution of Parliament in April 1653, and an oligarchy established with the creation of the Barebones Parliament (also known as the Nominated Parliament), which proved a failure. In response Cromwell further asserted his power and established the Instrument of Government, awarding himself the office of Lord Protector supported by a single-chamber parliament. At the same time, his expensive army and failed trade wars with the Dutch proved expensive. Despite himself Cromwell had re-established the monarchy in all but name and returned England to the unhappy days of Charles I's reign. Even so, his benevolent despotism was acceptable to a weary nation and went uncontested. Cromwell's death in September 1658 was the only close to this particular chapter and even though his son Richard was named as successor, Cromwell's Commonwealth did not succeed and monarchy was restored by 1660.

I might of known it would be you again, orj, to have reported that post and its thread :ph34r:

The bulk of the thread was totally football related, with a bit of light hearted banter between myself and WillsbridgeRed about Republicanism. Lighten up orj for fc*ks sake :@

Aww.. the most interesting post I've read on here for weeks. And I've just spent 5 minutes doing a post for it!

Go see! Go see! Make me happy velly much!

......well done Newboy I've just read your reply to the original post on the football free forum. At least on that forum it'll hang around at the top for a few weeks for everyone to read :ph34r:

One of the most bizarre - yet one of the best - threads I have read on a football forum. Bring it back! Up the Republic!

Republic of Ireland 2 Czech Republic 1 - decent game, decent football.

England (Monarchy) 0 Sweden (Monarchy) 1 - poor game, poor football.

Is there a link?

The forum Police have moved the post below, with all its replies, to the non football forum
Well they would wouldn't they, it isn't about motor bikes ... and don't dare mention the attitude of red strikers!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Any thread that developes a slighty interesting debate is gone in seconds.

Ok fair enough it's City only but if a thread takes a turn toward something non City then so what.

Archived