IGNORED

Louis Carey

freezer

Just how good is Louis. I think he's an absolute rock. Perfectly demonstrated after he went off against Southampton, no disrespect to Jamie McCombe but we just weren't the same at the back, and overall our game suffered because of it.

Louis is Captain Fantastic, he's also a proper Bristolian and I love him.

His performances for us this season have been simply superb, he seems to get better and better.

We have a team that is performing greatly in all areas but I feel that Louis's drive and experience is what is inspiring this.

Someone said a while back that to have a successful side you needed a good 'spine'. Keeper, Central Defender, Midfielder, Striker. In Basso, Carey, Elliott and Byfield/Trundle we have that, the rest ain't bad either.

Louis, you're mint. :wub:

He is also Scottish

He was born in Bristol and grew up in Bemmy, as I did, that qualifies him I reckon as being a Bristolian.

Perhaps he's got a Scottish parent/parents or Grand-Parents, I don't know, perhaps you could enlighten me as to his 'Scottishness'.

He's still though 'smart as you like', gert lush and his performances are ginormous.

Och ay the noo.

He was born in Bristol and grew up in Bemmy, as I did, that qualifies him I reckon as being a Bristolian.

Perhaps he's got a Scottish parent/parents or Grand-Parents, I don't know, perhaps you could enlighten me as to his 'Scottishness'.

He's still though 'smart as you like', gert lush and his performances are ginormous.

Och ay the noo.

He was picked for the Scottish U21 team a few years back

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/...27~8943,00.html

Just how good is Louis. I think he's an absolute rock. Perfectly demonstrated after he went off against Southampton, no disrespect to Jamie McCombe but we just weren't the same at the back, and overall our game suffered because of it.

Louis is Captain Fantastic, he's also a proper Bristolian and I love him.

His performances for us this season have been simply superb, he seems to get better and better.

We have a team that is performing greatly in all areas but I feel that Louis's drive and experience is what is inspiring this.

Someone said a while back that to have a successful side you needed a good 'spine'. Keeper, Central Defender, Midfielder, Striker. In Basso, Carey, Elliott and Byfield/Trundle we have that, the rest ain't bad either.

Louis, you're mint. :wub:

Absolutely, he's been unbelievable this season.

Marvin has rightly taken the plaudits because we didn't know what a gem we were getting, but Louis has been just superb, he may well be the best defender in The Championship, IMO.

Absolutely, he's been unbelievable this season.

Marvin has rightly taken the plaudits because we didn't know what a gem we were getting, but Louis has been just superb, he may well be the best defender in The Championship, IMO.

I've told you a thousand times not to exaggerate.

He's second best (just).

Fontaine is the best at the moment.

He lived in Dundry but went to Headley Park Primary school, then Chew Valley Secondary school, his mum and dad still live in Dundry i think.

Correct

Louis grew up in Dundry.

When he was a lad he used to stick up skittles in the Legion there.

don't know if he could have ever done well as a top skittler but hes done a pretty good job in football !!

Fontaine's been the revelation for me at the back this season.

Carey's error in the first half should have been punished by Fuller and we'd have been 1-0 down.

He's still great though. ^_^

Carey slipped for that Fuller chance your referring to, a little harsh to call it an error.

There is no doubt Louis was nothing sort of exceptional on Saturday,summed up for me by that crunching tackle on Fuller in the second half! When Carey plays the whole defense just looks a better more secure unit, Fontaine has also been good but he is not a leader and needs Carey beside him.

Archived