IGNORED

So Many City Scorers

Polly

Isn't it great to see so many City players getting themselves on the scoresheet?

This season, I make that ten City players to have found the back of the net : Elliot, Byfield, Sproule, McIndoe, Murray, Trundle, Noble, Orr, Wilson and Johnson, plus the odd own-goal.

(OK, there was McAllister too, but shouldn't really count that).

City seem to have several players capable of doing something a little special, which is often the difference between a result and a non-result in an otherwise evenly-fought contest.

Long gone (hopefully) are the days when we didn't know where our next goal was coming from.

With players scoring from all over the park (literally) there is no need to count on Trundle being a 20 / 30 goal a season striker. It's also a terrific testament to the team ethic present at AG under GJ.

Surely, there's other players who will score too - Carey, and - dare I say it - Fontaine! (Maybe if we're a few goals up against Wolves with a couple of minutes to play, and we get a penalty, we should give him the ball!

With potential goalscorers throughout the team liable to pop up from anywhere anytime I reckon opposition managers have a real tactical problem on their hands....

(I can hear 'em now, in dressing rooms up & down the country mumbling..... "ahh, come on, it aint my fault, how the hell are we supposed to counter such varied threats from those little Bristol shites of G J's?...its a bloody nightmare!" :)

Archived