IGNORED

Preston Refunds/charity Pot

WhistleHappy

Anyone know how much is left in the 'Fans Charity Fund' from unclaimed Preston refunds so far?... deadline should be in a few days.

If its a sizeable amount have any arrangements been made for a Matchday Cheque Presentation to the charity by the Supporters Trust & or NTTDS ..?

I hope so...cos its another generous gesture yet again by BCFC Supporters & they should be able to share the moment, plus a bit of positive media publicity will be good for all concerned -assuming as I say that the final unclaimed amount is going to be reasonably sizeable.

p.s.

Rob from BarBS3 was asking recently on here for suggestions of local charities his business could support... any decisions yet? ......

p.p.s. Sounds like a good place to visit for a pint or three! -judging by comments posted here about it.

Maybe someone from the ST can chase this one up?

(it'd be a pity if this Fans Donation its just left for the Club to post a cheque off in an envelope)

I bet Tommy Banner (commitments permitting) would be only to pleased to receive it on behalf of the charity that's so close to his heart in front of a packed Ashton Gate!.... -& it'd be appropriate if the ST & NTTDS could 'do the honours'..

One For The Bristol City!

• SC&T Board Members

I believe the club were planning to allow claimants until the end of the month to claim their refunds (if they did not wish this to go to the charity). I'll drop a reminder to Stu / Thatcham Red to chase this up when he talks to the club later in the week.

No Word On This Yet.... as far as I can see on OS or anywhere .

- the end of month deadline for Preston refunds has now passed.

Interested to hear how much money City Fans have raised by donating their refunds (hopefully quite a bit) & what arrangements have or are being made for presenting this to the Prostate Charity...... I still think a public matchday handover would be best (possibly with Tommy Banner(Wurzels) accepting on behalf of the charity)

Is there any news available on this?

• SC&T Board Members
No Word On This Yet.... as far as I can see on OS or anywhere .

- the end of month deadline for Preston refunds has now passed.

Interested to hear how much money City Fans have raised by donating their refunds (hopefully quite a bit) & what arrangements have or are being made for presenting this to the Prostate Charity...... I still think a public matchday handover would be best (possibly with Tommy Banner(Wurzels) accepting on behalf of the charity)

Is there any news available on this?

The question has been asked.

sorry for keeping on about this but....

Anything Yet.... ?

(understandably, the recent sad loss of Nick RIP has quite rightly been at the top of peoples priorities, and then of course happier events like the City continuing our impressive run & Liam scoring GJ's 'Burtons window' goal etc have been occupying all our minds too)

- but I think it's still important that the generosity of the charity contribution made by many of City's 700+ away following to Preston (by donating their ticket refunds) should not pass without due recognition & thanks.

Up and down the country thousands of real football fans regularly contribute positively to the wider community. Often unheralded acts of generosity & good deeds go virtually unnoticed - sadly its the moronic few who use football as an excuse for bar fighting & street violence who get the headlines & darken the reputations of the vast majority.

That's why I think the positive public spirited actions of fans like those of ours who went to Preston should be highlighted and loudly applauded... because most football supporters are generous & warm human beings -not mindless thugs (as certain police forces.. 'WMP' please take note.. seem to still think).

So if there are any updates on the total amount raised by our fine BCFC travelling fans for Prostate cancer & arrangements for how its going to be handed over - please let us all hear about it! .- its important & should not be overlooked.

Anything Yet.... ?

(

In one of the many e-mails that were flying around to do with the Nick Randall fund, Stu Rogers said that he was still chasing an answer on the Preston issue.

That was Sunday, so its safe to assume that he may not have had a response yet. I'm sure as soon he hears anything then it will be communicated as a matter of urgency.

• SC&T Board Members

No, there's been a delay due to one of the guy's dealing with this at the club being off ill for some time. Last I heard, last week, it's looking like a 4-figure sum and should hopefully all be sorted in time for some form of presentation on Saturday.

No, there's been a delay due to one of the guy's dealing with this at the club being off ill for some time. Last I heard, last week, it's looking like a 4-figure sum and should hopefully all be sorted in time for some form of presentation on Saturday.

Once again, thanks B/red :)....

excellent news - upwards of a Grand! ... well done to all the City boys & girls who contributed, I'm sure they'll all be delighted (yet another example of generosity by BCFC football supporters - proving once again that most football fans are good people) nb W M Police etc.

Once again, thanks B/red :) ....

excellent news - upwards of a Grand! ... well done to all the City boys & girls who contributed, I'm sure they'll all be delighted (yet another example of generosity by BCFC football supporters - proving once again that most football fans are good people) nb W M Police etc.

The total raised was £1206 and we hope to make a presentation at half time on Saturday.

Archived