IGNORED

The Best Gift Ever

boadle

My beautiful girlfriend, whom I have been with for only four months, presented me with my birthday present yesterday, minutes before the Stoke kickoff. Despite being a Forest fan (and, naturally, not knowing much about football), she had gone to the trouble of ordering me this seasons City shirt with my name on the back and the squad number of my favourite player, Ivan Sproule.

She didn't want me to open it in front of her, in case she'd got it wrong, but I had insisted.

How sweet is that? Nearly had me in tears. (Shortly after, she gave me the second part of my present, which was equally pleasant, and nicely timed with Marvins winner)

That's really nice Lewis, you have a good girl there. The shirt looks really smart and I'm glad you enjoyed your presents!!!

Happy birthday for yesterday!

Don't know what collis is thinking of, maybe your interest in Basso and his lycra???!!!

:sun:

I thought you were a chick? Are you a lesbian?

Could've fooled me too. ;)

How sweet is that? Nearly had me in tears.

Just messing. Hope you had a good birthday.

I thought you were a chick? Are you a lesbian?

No, and no.

Dare we ask what the second part of your present was? :surrender:

Probably not a good idea.

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes. The big day is actually tomorrow (Monday), and I'll be back in Dublin at the end of the week for an almight session, and listening to Saturdays match in an internet cafe, supremely hungover.

How great it is to be strutting around the streets on Nottingham, proudly wearing my colours.

Had a few dirty looks, but it's a risk worth taking.

Well done you. We met some Forest fans on holiday in Spain in May. Went down to the pool one day and laid out my Bristol City towel right next to one. I really enjoyed that one and taking the mick out of them for the rest of the week. Oh yes!!

Well done you. We met some Forest fans on holiday in Spain in May. Went down to the pool one day and laid out my Bristol City towel right next to one. I really enjoyed that one and taking the mick out of them for the rest of the week. Oh yes!!

Sounds good! I was in Turkey in June and one night went out wearing my City shirt and one of my mates wore his Rovers shirt, The blokes we knew that worked in the bar knew what team's shirt i was wearing but not the Rovers one. Made me laugh anyway

Sounds good! I was in Turkey in June and one night went out wearing my City shirt and one of my mates wore his Rovers shirt, The blokes we knew that worked in the bar knew what team's shirt i was wearing but not the Rovers one. Made me laugh anyway

i was walking through the hard rock cafe in Universal studios in Orland at the beginning of september sporting my city shirt, when i walked past a group of lads, one of which was wearing a rovers shirt, when they saw me the rest of this lads group proceeded to moch the rovers fan about how inferior they were to us etc etc....the usual banter

made me laugh at least

My beautiful girlfriend, whom I have been with for only four months, presented me with my birthday present yesterday, minutes before the Stoke kickoff. Despite being a Forest fan (and, naturally, not knowing much about football), she had gone to the trouble of ordering me this seasons City shirt with my name on the back and the squad number of my favourite player, Ivan Sproule.

She didn't want me to open it in front of her, in case she'd got it wrong, but I had insisted.

How sweet is that? Nearly had me in tears. (Shortly after, she gave me the second part of my present, which was equally pleasant, and nicely timed with Marvins winner)

Puke puke :ph34r:

No, and no.

Probably not a good idea.

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes. The big day is actually tomorrow (Monday), and I'll be back in Dublin at the end of the week for an almight session, and listening to Saturdays match in an internet cafe, supremely hungover.

Is that the second part of the present? :blush:

As mentioned in another thread, we are sadly no more. It turns out that she was itching to get back with her ex, and was just killing time with me. Shame, wish that had been mentioned before I fell in love. Naturally, I feel a bit of a #### now, but I hope it works out for her (even if she is a Forest fan!).

Oh well. Come on you Reds. At least City don't let me down ;)

As mentioned in another thread, we are sadly no more. It turns out that she was itching to get back with her ex, and was just killing time with me. Shame, wish that had been mentioned before I fell in love. Naturally, I feel a bit of a #### now, but I hope it works out for her (even if she is a Forest fan!).

Oh well. Come on you Reds. At least City don't let me down ;)

plenty more fish in the sea mate. Find a city loving fan :city:

Want a hug?

Its never nice to get dumped.

I'm sorry, whatever you do, don't put bbc 1 on right now to try and cheer yourself up.

Why? Are Ireland playing badly?

Just kidding. Horrible to watch. Was a dreadful perfomance from England, and they didn't deserve to go through. Changes are a-coming.

Good point. Apologies for the spamming.

No not: ''Good point. Apologies for the spamming.'' he's probably just jealous as girls are probably scared of him....

I for one give you my sympathies (and lets face it this is more interesting news than Robbored declaring the forum fickle ''and will everyone stop it at once!'')

Um, dunno what to say really, when men get grief for being and I quote ''w@nkers'', I do have a wry smile.

Not all people are bad though, pal :)

I just don't personally trust many of them, that's all.

Archived