IGNORED

Living The Dream

Tales From The Front

Evening All,

Like everyone has posted recently, it is truely a great time to be a Bristol City Fan. And again I have to echo the sentiments of priase for the manager, coaching staff and players. We have a fully commited and skillful team, with a work ethic and professionalism that I have not seen in my adult times at as a City fan (a bit young to fully appreciate the glory years).

And whilst I'm not going to get carried away and say we are going to do this and that I have to say that thankfully at long last the bar has been risen by our wonderful football club. Football can change in a second and no one should be complacent and the best thing from what I see and read is that Gary Johnson seems unlikely to let this happen. What I have noticed is that this current team from my point of view is now definately Gary Johnson's team, the slick fast flowing passing football seen all be it at a lower level at Yeovil, now seems to be coming increasily to the fore and it is brilliant to watch.

Gary Johnson has faced a lonely struggle at times to stamp his ethic on the palying staff and it has not been an easy journey, with the baggage of the likes of Pullis waying very heavy. But to his credit his single minded approach is bearing fruit not only in delivering the long overdue promotion but transforming our club into a credable football outfit. And from my point of view the new found belief and pride from the supporters is wonderful. I post infrquently on this forum but at time over the last five or six years it has been at times a depressing place to be, with the level of expectation being low and talk of the premership let alone the championship being seen as an impossiable dream.

Well......listening to the radio last night on the way home from the Gate and reading the forum tonight, what a fantastic change.....and I hope that that it can carry on as long as possiable.

Evening All,

Like everyone has posted recently, it is truely a great time to be a Bristol City Fan. And again I have to echo the sentiments of priase for the manager, coaching staff and players. We have a fully commited and skillful team, with a work ethic and professionalism that I have not seen in my adult times at as a City fan (a bit young to fully appreciate the glory years).

And whilst I'm not going to get carried away and say we are going to do this and that I have to say that thankfully at long last the bar has been risen by our wonderful football club. Football can change in a second and no one should be complacent and the best thing from what I see and read is that Gary Johnson seems unlikely to let this happen. What I have noticed is that this current team from my point of view is now definately Gary Johnson's team, the slick fast flowing passing football seen all be it at a lower level at Yeovil, now seems to be coming increasily to the fore and it is brilliant to watch.

Gary Johnson has faced a lonely struggle at times to stamp his ethic on the palying staff and it has not been an easy journey, with the baggage of the likes of Pullis waying very heavy. But to his credit his single minded approach is bearing fruit not only in delivering the long overdue promotion but transforming our club into a credable football outfit. And from my point of view the new found belief and pride from the supporters is wonderful. I post infrquently on this forum but at time over the last five or six years it has been at times a depressing place to be, with the level of expectation being low and talk of the premership let alone the championship being seen as an impossiable dream.

Well......listening to the radio last night on the way home from the Gate and reading the forum tonight, what a fantastic change.....and I hope that that it can carry on as long as possiable.

Exellent post!

I will keep that qoute above and see how your opinion could change at the end of the season if things don't go so well!!

Na in all fairness good post, I think GJ and Keith have done a great job, the lads want premiership football and they are playing there skins and bones out to get it..Wolves will be the test next week and i think a draw will be fantastic up there.

I will keep that qoute above and see how your opinion could change at the end of the season if things don't go so well!!

Na in all fairness good post, I think GJ and Keith have done a great job, the lads want premiership football and they are playing there skins and bones out to get it..Wolves will be the test next week and i think a draw will be fantastic up there.

You do that.

What I'm trying to get accross, is for the first time, outside of all of our red tinted specticles, is that Bristol City FC is starting to become a creditable football club. Expectations will rise, hopefully the fan base will also, and the club that I have supported since 6 will again look at some stage in the future to compete at the highest level.

I know, all to well that it could all change, but what at least I feel proud of my football team and I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. But no one can argue that this team, is not commited to the cause and is fantastic to watch.

Why shouldn't we beleive we can be successful. I do agree with you though that Wolves will be tough, as will all the games coming up, anyone that thinks playing Colchester (for example) will be easy will get a nasty shock.

Archived