IGNORED

Bristol City History Made...

RedTop

I went with Percy Parrot to the Dolphins vs Giants NFL game at Wembley this evening. During the third quarter, we struck up a chant of Drink Up Thy Zider to show these cheesy gridiron fans what being a supporter is really about. Is it possible that we made history as the first ever to sing the hallowed City song at the almost-as-hallowed new Wembley stadium, or can someone on here lay claim to having sung it there before us - perhaps at an England game or even (whisper it) as infiltrators at the Gas play-off game.

Personally, I'm hoping it won't be sung again at Wembley for quite a while - it would be disappointing if we have to rely on the lottery of the play-offs to get us into the Premier League this season. :whistle:

So are Percy and I the first singers of Drink Up Thy Zider at new Wembley, or Johnny-come-lately also-rans?

I went with Percy Parrot to the Dolphins vs Giants NFL game at Wembley this evening. During the third quarter, we struck up a chant of Drink Up Thy Zider to show these cheesy gridiron fans what being a supporter is really about. Is it possible that we made history as the first ever to sing the hallowed City song at the almost-as-hallowed new Wembley stadium, or can someone on here lay claim to having sung it there before us - perhaps at an England game or even (whisper it) as infiltrators at the Gas play-off game.

Personally, I'm hoping it won't be sung again at Wembley for quite a while - it would be disappointing if we have to rely on the lottery of the play-offs to get us into the Premier League this season. :whistle:

So are Percy and I the first singers of Drink Up Thy Zider at new Wembley, or Johnny-come-lately also-rans?

Why on earth did you waste your time watching that ridiculous so-called sport? Congratulations on singing the song, but what a waste of an evening.

Yes, I think this is a first. The first time anyone has started a thread about American football and used the lame excuse of having sung part of a Wurzels song to justify including it in a Bristol City forum.

Which reminds me. Only the other day I was thinking about Keith Fear and whether he still runs a fruit stall. If I'm not very much mistaken, the thought came to me as I was sitting in my wife's Ford Fiesta. Lovely little runner, hardly ever used, I'd hate to see it go. PM me for offers over 300 pounds.

I wonder if anyone else has been thinking about Keith Fear in a car they want to sell recently?

I wore my City shirt and sang it briefly during England vs Brazil............so can claim partially to be one of the first people to sing it there!!! There was not much else of an atmosphere there really other than the Brazilians and Ring of Fire!!! I had the misfortune to have a R*vers flag situated at the back of the block I was sat in so needed no other excuse to start a bit of banter with the guy!!! Could hear lots of people making snide comments as they saw my City shirt or lots of premiershi*e supporters staring to try and figure out what the hell the shirt was which I was wearing......seems a few of them had only started becoming football fans since Chelski got money!!!

Yes, I think this is a first. The first time anyone has started a thread about American football and used the lame excuse of having sung part of a Wurzels song to justify including it in a Bristol City forum.

Which reminds me. Only the other day I was thinking about Keith Fear and whether he still runs a fruit stall. If I'm not very much mistaken, the thought came to me as I was sitting in my wife's Ford Fiesta. Lovely little runner, hardly ever used, I'd hate to see it go. PM me for offers over 300 pounds.

I wonder if anyone else has been thinking about Keith Fear in a car they want to sell recently?

Well some of the other replies mean that I guess I can't lay claim to history on the Drink Up Thy Zider at Wembley front. However, although I can't match your infatuation with Mr Fear, did I ever tell you that I once saw Ricky Chandler coming out of a hardware shop in Bedminster? He was wearing jeans. I'm guessing you're old enough to remember him, so I'm sure you'll share in my excitement.

Was fun and at the time I felt I may have been making history. But now I remember that Yeovil played their play-off final against Blackpool there in May. I am sure they would have, at some point, attempted a rather pathetic rendition of the song.

Though whether that counts I'm not sure as they have stolen the song.

Was fun and at the time I felt I may have been making history. But now I remember that Yeovil played their play-off final against Blackpool there in May. I am sure they would have, at some point, attempted a rather pathetic rendition of the song.

Though whether that counts I'm not sure as they have stolen the song.

Says who?

We've been singing it for as long as I can remember at Yeovil and yes, there was a rendition at Wembley in the play-off final.

Archived