IGNORED

The Mystery Man Behind Our Success...?

boadle

With so many people commenting on the excellent attitude that exists at the club, along with the confidence, the work ethic, and various references to GJ 'getting the best out of players', I got to wondering about his experience and skills in man-management. Then I read about Mr. Mark Layder, the clubs 'Motivational Guru', who is pictured here, behind GJ.

johnson-gary1-05-apr-2003.jpg

The club's confidence coach, Mark Layder, who has worked alongside Johnson for over 10 years, played his part in this win when he had Elliott, the former Millwall midfielder, visualising hitting a target - in this case, company advertisements - behind both goal nets before kick-off. [...] The player did not want to go into many details about Layder's psychological influence, but paid tribute to the confidence coach's work, saying: "Mark works with the team and the players on an individual basis and he has certainly helped me."

A little research indicates that Layder worked with GJ in Latvia, and with Yeovil and now City.

He also appears to be the founder (along with his wife) of a company that specialize in Personal Development, called Quality of Life Academy, and appears to give presentations at NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming - a study of study of language, communication and personal change) conventions.

I have read that players are encouraged to make private calls to him and discuss issues they may have. Would be interested to know how closely tied to the club Mr Layder is (he appears to be working / have worked with Shrewsbury too) and what his contribution is...?

Your thoughts?

mark%20lader2.jpg

Another blinding post from Boadle sets OTIB alight, once again.

:blush:

It was a blinding post. I had no idea this guy was working within the club...Although I suspected there was someone.

Anyway whatever voodoo (and I use the term light heartedly) is going on, long may it continue to work

With so many people commenting on the excellent attitude that exists at the club, along with the confidence, the work ethic, and various references to GJ 'getting the best out of players', I got to wondering about his experience and skills in man-management. Then I read about Mr. Mark Layder, the clubs 'Motivational Guru', who is pictured here, behind GJ.

johnson-gary1-05-apr-2003.jpg

A little research indicates that Layder worked with GJ in Latvia, and with Yeovil and now City.

He also appears to be the founder (along with his wife) of a company that specialize in Personal Development, called Quality of Life Academy, and appears to give presentations at NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming - a study of study of language, communication and personal change) conventions.

I have read that players are encouraged to make private calls to him and discuss issues they may have. Would be interested to know how closely tied to the club Mr Layder is (he appears to be working / have worked with Shrewsbury too) and what his contribution is...?

Your thoughts?

mark%20lader2.jpg

Interesting stuff Boadle. It seems that Johnson is pretty thorough. I recall he has Millen doing the Prozone stuff, we know about his tough fitness regimes, and his obsession with concentration levels. So this comes as no surprise.

Am I right in thinking that Danny Wilson had a motivational fella (as well as a fitness expert), who was duly sacked in the lead up to Wilson leaving.

Archived