IGNORED

2 Points A Game

bcfcshorey

at the moment we have got 26 points from 13 games. Thats 2 points a game on average.

And every season, since 2000/2001, 2 points a game (92 points), would be enough to get us a top 2 position.

Do you think we can keep this up? Would be need to strengthen our side in January?

Guest zider_head

We can all but dream

If we can get 12 points from the next 6 games I will be well impressed :-

Wolves (Away)

Charlton (Home)

Ipswich (Away)

Leicester (Home)

Hull (Away)

Watfrod (Away)

Thats two home games (versus teams currently 8th & 15th) and three away games (versus teams currently 5th, 4th & 1st)

Then I may start to think again, I think this is a really hard stretch of game sbut take them one at a time I can see us picking up 9 points (2 wins and 3 draws)

I think only a madman would see us keeping this up until the end of this season - we'd end up a few short of 100 points. I can see us scraping into the top 8 though.

sorry but i'm a big optimist. It can happen, why shouldn't it. You always see it happening to other clubs, so why can't it happen to ours.

Because there is much more than 1 team with a stronger squad than ours. Teams tend to end up where they deserve over the duration of a season. Let's not get a little too ahead of ourselves.

40 points at the halfway stage would be a big achievement (double that and you never know!).

That means 14 more points from 10 games (half home, half away).

4 wins and 2 draws? Not easy, but we can do it. If we do better than that, we're flying.

Because there is much more than 1 team with a stronger squad than ours. Teams tend to end up where they deserve over the duration of a season. Let's not get a little too ahead of ourselves.

Alice in Wonderland hypothesises.......

"The March Hare will be much the most interesting, and perhaps as this is May '08 and City have gained promotion he won't be raving mad -- at least not so mad as he was in October '07 when promotion wasn't so sure." :innocent06: ....

25mad_tea_party.jpg

I was just looking at the fixtures and noticed our first oppertunity to do a double on a team in the league is Ipswich - we play them in November and then a few weeks later in December - I think it's highly unlikely we will do the double over them and still think it would be good to secure 2 points over the 2 matches against them - if we are to get an average of 1 point a game over the big guns then that means we have to do quite a few doubles against the lesser sides - I'm not sure we are good enough to inflict doubles consistently enough on the other teams to achieve an average of 2 points a game - hence my thinking we will end up 6th to 12th like someone else said earlier.

I BELIEVE that City can achieve a playoff position this season!!! Reading, Preston and Millwall have all got promoted and done it so why cant we?? We have a fantastic manager and a squad that always gives 110%.

75 points should do it... or 50 odd points from our remaining 33 games.

In fact....looking at the teams around us, as good a squad as some of them may have, none of them have managed to be consistant (bar Watford)

Theres nothing to be scared of, so why cant we believe we can achieve an automatic position??

mad_hatter.gif

If we win at Wolves on Saturday I will believe that we can get automatic promotion. I set out predictions for our results before the season started and we are already 10 points ahead of where I thought we'd be. I thought our worst run of games in the whole season was the ten matches starting with Sheffield Utd at home, and I could see us not winning any of them. In fact we've won all four so far, and if we could take ten points from the next six matches, I'd believe we can go all the way.

I was just looking at the fixtures and noticed our first oppertunity to do a double on a team in the league is Ipswich - we play them in November and then a few weeks later in December - I think it's highly unlikely we will do the double over them and still think it would be good to secure 2 points over the 2 matches against them - if we are to get an average of 1 point a game over the big guns then that means we have to do quite a few doubles against the lesser sides - I'm not sure we are good enough to inflict doubles consistently enough on the other teams to achieve an average of 2 points a game - hence my thinking we will end up 6th to 12th like someone else said earlier.

Ipswich haven't won an away game this season. :)

We have had such good form up until now, but tht doesnt neccersarily mean we can keep it up for the whole season. We have steered clear on injuries thus far and the real test wil come wen people like Elliot and Carey cant play.

If everyone stays fit and we get a couple of players equivilant to Elliot and Careys quality we hava outside chance of the play offs if we steer clear of injuries but i would be happy with a finish inbetween 10th and 15th

As football is a team game and we undoubtedly play as a team then there is less need for big name charlies. You have to take chances when they come and our good start to the season has provided a platform for us to aim for promotion.

Johnson has shown himself adept at building a team and in plucking talent from unlikely sources. If he comes out on top in the tactical battles that lie ahead then there's nothing to stop us from aiming for promotion.

Archived