IGNORED

Drinks At Wovles

bringbacktherobin

Seeing as every pub seem to be away unfriendly etc, do they sell booze in the away end at wovles?

I think they do, as my mate who went in the away end with cardiff two years ago said they served beer in there. Then it all kicked off at half time between the fans and police, as the old bill didnt allow them to be served beer during the half time interval. I think it was that bust up with police that helped to get them banned from the ground last season.

I think they do, as my mate who went in the away end with cardiff two years ago said they served beer in there. Then it all kicked off at half time between the fans and police, as the old bill didnt allow them to be served beer during the half time interval. I think it was that bust up with police that helped to get them banned from the ground last season.

Thats all true and yes they do sell carling and banks'

As soon as you come out of the station (well within a minute or so), you will see pubs. There are usually bouncers on doors but they do not usually get filled with Wolves fan suntil 1-1.30pm. The problem fo ryou is , if there are 2-3 trainloads of fans coming to WOlves, no doubt including some lads looking for a knock, the police and the Wolves boys might make it a bit unpleasant. Not saying your City lads cannot handle themselves mind.

Having said that, I have seen less trouble this year than previosuly, and the local hoodlums seem less active this year. But if City boys have arranged a knock (as these hoodlums do) then there may be more troublemakers than normal.

What I am trying to say (badly) is that it could either be fine and dandy, or quiet hostile . If the police are on top of it they may prevent access to town centre, but if you can get through, I would try to walk straight on past Prince Albert pub (which might be closed anyway), past Grand Theatre and possibly avoid Moon Under Water which is opposite. Just a bit further on you come to a set of traffic lights by the Rothwells pub which again I would possibly avoid, look to your right and you see 3 pubs - Varsity, Hogs Head, and Royal London nearby. Ok all are home fans pubs too but are good ones usually frequented by students - depends if you can get past the bouncers. In the past the mix of fans in these has been ok and there is live TV to watch sport.

If you can find the Litten Tree (a little further on) that pub apparently caters for away fans.

Be careful at all times though, without wishing to put you off. If City fans have kicked off in town, the whole mood may be not so friendly especially after 2pm onwards. Would avoid Wanderer by the Subway by the ground.

Have a good day, apart from the result best wishes.

no doubt including some lads looking for a knock, the police and the Wolves boys might make it a bit unpleasant. Not saying your City lads cannot handle themselves mind.

Wolves fans are the worst losers i have ever seen. When we beat you, there was lots of attacks on the Watford fans wearing shirts, simply 'cause you had to get your own back off the pitch - because you are cack on it.

The Wolverhampton police did a fine job though, keeping you peasants in order.

There is a spoons just down the road from the station! Thats where we will be heading early doors! A few Wolves fans have said its fine for away fans!!!

With it being West Midlands Police won't they we at the station to meet us? After all they're not very fond of Bristol City!... I woundn't be surprised if we were herded around like cattle all day.

As soon as you come out of the station (well within a minute or so), you will see pubs. There are usually bouncers on doors but they do not usually get filled with Wolves fan suntil 1-1.30pm. The problem fo ryou is , if there are 2-3 trainloads of fans coming to WOlves, no doubt including some lads looking for a knock, the police and the Wolves boys might make it a bit unpleasant. Not saying your City lads cannot handle themselves mind.

Having said that, I have seen less trouble this year than previosuly, and the local hoodlums seem less active this year. But if City boys have arranged a knock (as these hoodlums do) then there may be more troublemakers than normal.

What I am trying to say (badly) is that it could either be fine and dandy, or quiet hostile . If the police are on top of it they may prevent access to town centre, but if you can get through, I would try to walk straight on past Prince Albert pub (which might be closed anyway), past Grand Theatre and possibly avoid Moon Under Water which is opposite. Just a bit further on you come to a set of traffic lights by the Rothwells pub which again I would possibly avoid, look to your right and you see 3 pubs - Varsity, Hogs Head, and Royal London nearby. Ok all are home fans pubs too but are good ones usually frequented by students - depends if you can get past the bouncers. In the past the mix of fans in these has been ok and there is live TV to watch sport.

If you can find the Litten Tree (a little further on) that pub apparently caters for away fans.

Be careful at all times though, without wishing to put you off. If City fans have kicked off in town, the whole mood may be not so friendly especially after 2pm onwards. Would avoid Wanderer by the Subway by the ground.

Have a good day, apart from the result best wishes.

i live in wolves, been to all those today and it is strictly home fans only with bouncers on the doors asking people where they are from. So Royal London, Varsity and Hogs are off limits.

Oceana is shut, and walkabout will only let fans in who aint wearing club colours.

Litten tree is a bit out the way but then again, the city centre aint too big and is still only a very short walk from the ground.

I do have an alternative, due to my time on my uni's exec committee, i have asked the Union's bar managers if they will allow city fans into the union bar to watch the arsenal vsMan Utd game and then up until kcik off cater for the city fans, i get a reply tomorrow, but i would not hold your breath.

Suppose Litten tree is the best option, but it aint that big. Suppose the earlier the better for you lot travelling up here. All i gotta do is cross one road from my house and i am there. :bruce_h4h:

at the end of the day the old bill will be telling us exactly what pub were drinking in and will give us no choice, all trains are booked up on that day so there will be loads of City milling about, the police don't want that so we will get a couple of boozers to drink in without doubt.

Archived