IGNORED

Old Grounds

Barrs Court Red

I have been to a few. Oxford's old Manor Ground stands out. A gert big yellow fence in front of the away fans with no roof, no seats, rusty bars to lean against and a makeshift burger van. We even had to que along a residential road to get in. Poor residents :laugh:! A few other grounds that have pissed me off over the years include Swansea's old ground. I mean it was terrible, sheep climbing the railings after scoring a goal, a stand at the home end that looked half complete and slanted. When you exited teh ground you were confinded to a narrow back street, usually greeted by the Swan Chavs and riot police. if that wasnt enough it was next door to the prison!

Brighton, Colchester and Trumpton(Twerton Park) was pretty bad!

Northampton when they had only three stands. One whole side of the pitch was empty with nothing but a plank or two.

I think they shared with the cricket and the view for away fans was abysmal.

Others I remember being pretty naff were old Millwall, old Brighton and old Reading.

Was not impressed with Swindon away, though the stand I had to sit in cus coulndt get into our away end reminded me of our dolman stand, but older and worse.. Peterborough was not great although they do have one nice stand to the left if your stood in the away end..Nicest ground, apart form the millenuim prob Majeski actually, I was very impressed with that.

Does anyone remember the old Wigan ground, Springfield Park?

I remember beating them 3-0 there the season we went up with Watford. Surely the worst "league" ground we've played at in the last 20 years, so bad it even had a rusty tracktor by the side of the pitch!

didnt they have are old floodlights???

I have been to a few. Oxford's old Manor Ground stands out. A gert big yellow fence in front of the away fans with no roof, no seats, rusty bars to lean against and a makeshift burger van. We even had to que along a residential road to get in. Poor residents :laugh:! A few other grounds that have pissed me off over the years include Swansea's old ground. I mean it was terrible, sheep climbing the railings after scoring a goal, a stand at the home end that looked half complete and slanted. When you exited teh ground you were confinded to a narrow back street, usually greeted by the Swan Chavs and riot police. if that wasnt enough it was next door to the prison!

Brighton, Colchester and Trumpton(Twerton Park) was pretty bad!

Ill go for the Old Manor Ground shout.....what a sess hole that was!

No one has mentioned Luton's ground yet, again another vile ground in an even more vile area

I'll add Rotherham to the list,you have to go through a scrap yard to get to it,then when you get inside you realise that the scrap yard makes better viewing than the ground.

Also the pies are awful,ended up wearing it when we last went :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

So did my dad :laugh: but not last season though, the season before, when we lost 3-1.

Archived